Continue to have problems with Onebody Sync

OneBody Hosting is an add-on product available for PowerChurch Plus and PowerChurch Online. OneBody is a social network and online directory for your members.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

djchisholm

Continue to have problems with Onebody Sync

Post by djchisholm »

We have been using Onebody for a few months now, but there are 96 sync errors in active status attributed to birthdays with no years and duplicate emails rejecting. We have changed all the birth years in the error file to 9999 and still cannot get the sync to work. As to what to do with duplicate emails: I am surprised that this cannot be solved. Many families in our congregation use one email address for all their family members.

Errors from OneBody
The following active families have no people in them and probably should be deleted (not true)
The 'child' property cannot be 'No' because the birthday indicates the person is not an adult. (yr=9999)
There is another person with the same email address (true, but why should it matter?)
The email address is not formatted correctly (something@example.com) (not true)

Thanks,
Duncan Chisholm
Hopewell Reformed Church
Hopewell Junction, NY
http://www.hrcrca.org

NeilZ

Re: Continue to have problems with Onebody Sync

Post by NeilZ »

djchisholm wrote:We have been using Onebody for a few months now, but there are 96 sync errors in active status attributed to birthdays with no years and duplicate emails rejecting. We have changed all the birth years in the error file to 9999 and still cannot get the sync to work. As to what to do with duplicate emails: I am surprised that this cannot be solved. Many families in our congregation use one email address for all their family members.

Errors from OneBody
The following active families have no people in them and probably should be deleted (not true)
The 'child' property cannot be 'No' because the birthday indicates the person is not an adult. (yr=9999)
There is another person with the same email address (true, but why should it matter?)
The email address is not formatted correctly (something@example.com) (not true)

Thanks,
Duncan Chisholm
Hopewell Reformed Church
Hopewell Junction, NY
http://www.hrcrca.org
I'm assuming version 11??

If everyone in the family uses the one email address, you should load that into the email address block on the Mailing List record, and delete the rest, or just load one personal profile with the email address. No sense in sending two emails to the same address, and it appears that the system is checking for dupes for this reason. I seem, to remember as part of the beta for v11, there was a lot of discussion over how to handle this between users and developers, and I'm fairly sure that the email address in the Mailing List record will be used if you want to send an email to a personal profile.

As far as the birth date issue, using 01/01/9999 should disable the Adult check. It does in the program, its possible that the edits in the load program at OneBody did not have this edit included.

The email not formatted correctly could be something as simple as a space at the beginning of the field. As long as the email is not really something weird like john.j.smith@myplace.org, it should pass an error check if its a standard my.name@myplace.com, or myname@somewhere.net.

As far as the active families error, there are personal profiles under that mailing list profile, right ?

Again, some of these questions or suggestions are just things I've seen as a user over the years, if they've been tried, I do beg pardon.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.