Electronic Filing NC State W-2, 1099s

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Post Reply
KPegram
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:09 pm
Location: NC
Contact:

Electronic Filing NC State W-2, 1099s

Post by KPegram »

The state of NC is requiring Electronic filing of W2 and 1099s. I have not electronically filed either of these in the past. Is there a way to do this in PowerChurch?

Here are the three options for NC filing:
(1) file upload, (2) bulk transmittal, and (3) online entry.

The bulk transmittal is "XML files, folders, zipped files".

The file upload is “Electronic media Specifications for Filing Forms W-2 Electronically” (EFW2)

I can do the online entry, I just don't know to do either of the above to file W2s and 1099s?

Is there a tutorial in PowerChurch for either of these? Thanks,

NeilZ
Posts: 10588
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:20 am
Location: Dexter NM
Contact:

Re: Electronic Filing NC State W-2, 1099s

Post by NeilZ »

RClark wrote:The state of NC is requiring Electronic filing of W2 and 1099s. I have not electronically filed either of these in the past. Is there a way to do this in PowerChurch?

Here are the three options for NC filing:
(1) file upload, (2) bulk transmittal, and (3) online entry.

The bulk transmittal is "XML files, folders, zipped files".

The file upload is “Electronic media Specifications for Filing Forms W-2 Electronically” (EFW2)

I can do the online entry, I just don't know to do either of the above to file W2s and 1099s?

Is there a tutorial in PowerChurch for either of these? Thanks,
The only way you can 'electronically file' from Powerchurch is by using a third-party processor.
https://powerchurch.nelcoportal.com/Con ... nformation

My suggestion, if you have 10 or less employees, do the online entry. I had to file for 6 employees for 2015, and it didn't take that long in PA, which basically has the same type of online entry for its state filing requirements.

If you have more than 10, I'd sign up with the third-party processor. It may save you time, if not money.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Post Reply