Reprint a W2

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Post Reply
FirstMOBC
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:22 pm

Reprint a W2

Post by FirstMOBC »

Hello
Employee did not receive W-2 in the mail. How do I reprint W-2 for 1 employee?
Margaret Allen

NeilZ
Posts: 10587
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:20 am
Location: Dexter NM
Contact:

Re: Reprint a W2

Post by NeilZ »

FirstMOBC wrote:Hello
Employee did not receive W-2 in the mail. How do I reprint W-2 for 1 employee?
Unfortunately, there is no good way to do this from the program without printing it for one other employee, and even then is a bit awkward.

My advice is to pull your copy of the W-2, and typewrite all the data on the form.

However, if you really have to print out the form, you should do it to a PDF file using a free PDF print driver like PDF995 available for the download from Software995.com. Then you can play with printing the PDF to figure out which set of 2 W-2s you have to print to be able to get the employee's data. Then using the PDF print that page for the number of different W-2 copies you need (Copy B, Copy C, etc).
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FirstMOBC
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:22 pm

Re: Reprint a W2

Post by FirstMOBC »

That is unfortunate but I have do what I have to do. Hopefully the feature will be implemented soon. Thank you for your help.
Margaret Allen

NeilZ
Posts: 10587
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:20 am
Location: Dexter NM
Contact:

Re: Reprint a W2

Post by NeilZ »

FirstMOBC wrote:That is unfortunate but I have do what I have to do. Hopefully the feature will be implemented soon. Thank you for your help.
I'm not sure it will be. (my opinion only) The reason is that most sets of laser printer W-2s come with a minimum of 2 per page. So no matter what, you will be printing at least two different W-2s.

That said, if there is a change, it probably will not happen until the next completely new version.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

tborgal
Posts: 863
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:55 pm
Location: New England Bible Church, Andover, MA
Contact:

Re: Reprint a W2

Post by tborgal »

I just tested this here on v 11.55 and there is no problem with selecting just one employee to print a W2 for. You do have to put a two part form in, but it prints on the top half of the form and leaves the bottom blank. If this is the version you are using. When you go to Accounting >Payroll > Tax Reporting > W2's a window opens with a list of pay groups. Select the group. Once at W2 Information Found Window make sure the Regenerate W2 Information radio button is selected then click next. You will then have a list of employees. Deselect the ones you do not want to print and continue through the rest of the process as usual.
Tom

NeilZ
Posts: 10587
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:20 am
Location: Dexter NM
Contact:

Re: Reprint a W2

Post by NeilZ »

tborgal wrote:I just tested this here on v 11.55 and there is no problem with selecting just one employee to print a W2 for. You do have to put a two part form in, but it prints on the top half of the form and leaves the bottom blank. If this is the version you are using. When you go to Accounting >Payroll > Tax Reporting > W2's a window opens with a list of pay groups. Select the group. Once at W2 Information Found Window make sure the Regenerate W2 Information radio button is selected then click next. You will then have a list of employees. Deselect the ones you do not want to print and continue through the rest of the process as usual.
Thanks Tom.

I thought it could be done, but I don't have a good database with payroll setup here at home to test with and didn't want to give false information. I should send myself a backup with some good data.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FirstMOBC
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:22 pm

Re: Reprint a W2

Post by FirstMOBC »

Thank you cause I don't have a typewriter. Will give this process a try. We have the online version but I did see the regenerate choice.
Thank you again.
Margaret Allen

tborgal
Posts: 863
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:55 pm
Location: New England Bible Church, Andover, MA
Contact:

Re: Reprint a W2

Post by tborgal »

If you processed the entire list of employees the last time you printed W2s the full list of employees should show if the "Edit Existing Information" button is selected, but I am not really sure of that. But the "regenerate" selection guarantees that you get the list to select from.
Tom

Post Reply