Online Payments in Accounts Payable

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

zoology

Online Payments in Accounts Payable

Post by zoology »

Is there a way to process out invoices to print as an advice and not a check? Our previous bookkeeper printed a check and assigned a check number for each vendor and would just stamp the check as an advice, but I would really prefer to record them in PowerChurch as they are and not waste checks I don't need to. Is what I'm wanting possible within the program, and is it for any reason inadvisable? Thank you in advance!

NeilZ

Re: Online Payments in Accounts Payable

Post by NeilZ »

zoology wrote:Is there a way to process out invoices to print as an advice and not a check? Our previous bookkeeper printed a check and assigned a check number for each vendor and would just stamp the check as an advice, but I would really prefer to record them in PowerChurch as they are and not waste checks I don't need to. Is what I'm wanting possible within the program, and is it for any reason inadvisable? Thank you in advance!
You're talking about EFT, 'Checkfree', or Debit card type payments right??

Yes its very doable, and I have no idea why the previous bookkeeper would use a check number from the printed series of checks you're using. I agree, that is a waste and not good stewardship.

You can enter such payments as Manual Checks, and instead of using a check number, you can use anything else.

For instance, for our online Xerox copier payments, I enter XRX-EFT as the 'check number', on our Federal Tax payments paid through the EFTPS tax payment system, I just enter EFTPS.

If a debit card was used, you can use DEBITCD. We track the use of our office credit card using Manual Checks, instead of the checking account being the CREDITed account, we use the credit card LIABILITY account. For a check number I enter OFC-CC.

So it is NOT inadvisable, in fact its encouraged.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

zoology

Re: Online Payments in Accounts Payable

Post by zoology »

THANK YOU! I was trying to accomplish this within "Maintain Open Invoices" and I guess I didn't think beyond that. This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for :D