new to powerchurch only seeing Jan - May 2017 statements

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

rawle

new to powerchurch only seeing Jan - May 2017 statements

Post by rawle »

we started using power church on Jan 1st 2017 and i want to print statements of all contributions from Jan 1st to Dec 31st but i only get statements until end of May

NeilZ

Re: new to powerchurch only seeing Jan - May 2017 statements

Post by NeilZ »

rawle wrote:we started using power church on Jan 1st 2017 and i want to print statements of all contributions from Jan 1st to Dec 31st but i only get statements until end of May
Are you sure all the contributions were entered? Were they all posted?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

rawle

Post by rawle »

I entered all the contributions, as for posting how do I do that? I have a desktop version of power church

Thanks for all your help

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

rawle wrote:I entered all the contributions, as for posting how do I do that? I have a desktop version of power church

Thanks for all your help
You have to have the permissions to do that, but under the Contributions menu there is a selection, Post Contributions. Here is the information from the built-in help which can be found under the Help Menu -> Contents. Also, if you press the F1 key while in the program, context sensitive help will appear. My advice on the selections listed are in bold print.

To post contribution data and update Fund Accounting:

1.From the Contributions menu, choose Post Contributions.
2.Select Update Fund Accounting from the Posting Option drop-down list.Note: if you do NOT use Powerchurch for your accounting, and apparently you DO NOT, then select Post to Contributions Only from the dropdown list.
3.Click Continue.
4.Uncheck the Transaction Date Determines Accounting Month option if you would like to assign a different posting month. For example, if the contributions are dated September 30, but you wish to count this as October business, uncheck this option and select October as the posting month. Note: leave this checked if it appears, it may not.
5.Click Continue.
6.Choose which types of contributions to post. Uncheck the boxes next to any entry to exclude them from the posting. Note: leave at the defaults
7.Click Continue.
8.Choose which dates to post (this prompt may not appear). PowerChurch Plus examines the unposted contributions. If more than one date is found, you will be prompted to select which dates to post. By default, all dates are checked to be posted. Uncheck the box next to any date that you do not want posted at this time. Note: Select all dates
9.Select the transaction date (this prompt may not appear). If you selected more than one contribution date to be posted, then this prompt will appear. PowerChurch Plus needs to know if you want to create a separate journal transaction for each date, or summarize all dates into one. Select one of the following options:
·Create a Separate Transaction for Each Date.
·Create One Transaction for All Dates. Enter the transaction date to be used. The default is the current system date.
10.Click Continue. PowerChurch Plus begins the posting process.
11.Click OK when the process is complete.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

rawle

Post by rawle »

Thanks - this worked perfectly - have a blessed day :)

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

rawle wrote:Thanks - this worked perfectly - have a blessed day :)
You should be doing this weekly, once you get the deposit receipt back.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.