Missouri W-4 Allowances for 2018

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

first134

Missouri W-4 Allowances for 2018

Post by first134 »

I have just received the new Missouri Tax Tables for 2018. They have eliminated W-4 Allowances which poses a problem when I go into my State Tax Tables to update in Powerchurch. I can put in the new Standard Deduction amount but the next two lines ask for first allowance and each additional allowance. I don't have any allowances to enter and Powerchurch tells me I can't put 0.00. How should I proceed?

NeilZ

Re: Missouri W-4 Allowances for 2018

Post by NeilZ »

first134 wrote:I have just received the new Missouri Tax Tables for 2018. They have eliminated W-4 Allowances which poses a problem when I go into my State Tax Tables to update in Powerchurch. I can put in the new Standard Deduction amount but the next two lines ask for first allowance and each additional allowance. I don't have any allowances to enter and Powerchurch tells me I can't put 0.00. How should I proceed?
FWIW ... looking at the Missouri Tax information I found, it does look like they did away with the additional withholding allowances. Although the Missouri W-4 still asks for it.

This may need some program adjustment. You may want to try giving Powerchurch a call directly to let them know about this.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Missouri W-4 Allowances for 2018

Post by Zorak »

We've got it written up and the change will be in a future Maintenance Release.