Restart Accounting

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

TAG185

Restart Accounting

Post by TAG185 »

Hi I just started using Powerchurch. I entered incorrect Starting Balances to the Checking Acct/ Not sure how I came about that balance. Then I entered Jan 2018 transactions from the bank statement and apparently included transactions that were already taken into account in the opening balance. So in trying to reverse these in order to correct, I've ended up with a big mess. I want to erase and start over. Instead of restoring to original, I ended up backing up my erroneous data! However, I don't want to erase contributions with people's contact info., if possible.

NeilZ

Re: Restart Accounting

Post by NeilZ »

TAG185 wrote:Hi I just started using Powerchurch. I entered incorrect Starting Balances to the Checking Acct/ Not sure how I came about that balance. Then I entered Jan 2018 transactions from the bank statement and apparently included transactions that were already taken into account in the opening balance. So in trying to reverse these in order to correct, I've ended up with a big mess. I want to erase and start over. Instead of restoring to original, I ended up backing up my erroneous data! However, I don't want to erase contributions with people's contact info., if possible.
Contributions is an entirely separate database from Accounting. The only relationship between the two is the Contribution Fund setup, where you select an income account that will be credited when you post accounting.

So you can restart Accounting without worrying about messing up the Contributions information. You'll have to go back into Contributions Fund Setup to set the Contribution Fund income account once you finish redoing Accounting.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.