another 941 issue

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

athomas

another 941 issue

Post by athomas »

Trying to do 1st quarter 941 2019 rpt. Have used 941 tax deposit report all qtr to make deposits. 941 Column 1, line 5a and 5c correct for employees' taxable income; however, column 2, line 5a and 5b does not reflect the amount deducted according to tax deposit report which makes line 12 and schedule b not agree. Did a spreadsheet and manually calulated fica taxes and power church took out more on some employees than manual calculation showed. Can't figure out why column 2 different. Any help appreciated.

NeilZ

Re: another 941 issue

Post by NeilZ »

athomas wrote:Trying to do 1st quarter 941 2019 rpt. Have used 941 tax deposit report all qtr to make deposits. 941 Column 1, line 5a and 5c correct for employees' taxable income; however, column 2, line 5a and 5b does not reflect the amount deducted according to tax deposit report which makes line 12 and schedule b not agree. Did a spreadsheet and manually calulated fica taxes and power church took out more on some employees than manual calculation showed. Can't figure out why column 2 different. Any help appreciated.
FICA taxes are not calculated on lines 5a thru 5e, these are Social Security & Medicare. 5b is for S.S tip income, I think you meant 5c Medicare. Did you accidentally take some out for a minister or someone who files SECA (Self-employement tax)?

What does the 941 deposit report say when you run it for the quarter?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

athomas

Post by athomas »

Sorry Neil. I must have been half asleep. Meant SS and Medicare. i have checked and rechecked the item descriptions and everything seems correct. Don't see anything to suggest taking out anything that should have not been. Like stated earlier, can't understand why the tax deposit report for quarter reflects exactly what is recorded on schedule b, and income for 5a and 5c correct but column 2 less than tax deposit report. It's off by 576.71 for ss and 73.58 for medicare.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

athomas wrote:Sorry Neil. I must have been half asleep. Meant SS and Medicare. i have checked and rechecked the item descriptions and everything seems correct. Don't see anything to suggest taking out anything that should have not been. Like stated earlier, can't understand why the tax deposit report for quarter reflects exactly what is recorded on schedule b, and income for 5a and 5c correct but column 2 less than tax deposit report. It's off by 576.71 for ss and 73.58 for medicare.
That sounds like it could be one person's withholding for SS & Medicare. I'll flag this for one of the techs.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

If this is in Version 12, there is a 941 Calculation report that you can run to see how PowerChurch came up with the figures that are showing on the 941 form.

If you aren't able to track it down, give us a call at (800) 486-1800 and a technician will have a look at the item setups and posted transactions history with you.

athomas

Post by athomas »

thank you Zorak. I found the problem. I do use the 941 calculation report and have found it to be very useful.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

athomas wrote:thank you Zorak. I found the problem. I do use the 941 calculation report and have found it to be very useful.
Could you let us know what you found? It may help us in future if others see this issue.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.