Adjusting Balance sheet balances

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

willsell

Adjusting Balance sheet balances

Post by willsell »

We have several funds under temporary restricted.
In the attached Youth Ministry is setup with a release so adjusting that balance is easy.
The Elevator Fund was not setup with a release. What accounts should I use to adjust the balance?

Temporarily Restricted
Youth Ministry 3201-001
Elevator Fund 3201-003

NeilZ

Re: Adjusting Balance sheet balances

Post by NeilZ »

willsell wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:08 pm
We have several funds under temporary restricted.
In the attached Youth Ministry is setup with a release so adjusting that balance is easy.
The Elevator Fund was not setup with a release. What accounts should I use to adjust the balance?

Temporarily Restricted
Youth Ministry 3201-001
Elevator Fund 3201-003
Release accounts are used when temporarily restricted funds are released from a Donor Restricted account. If the 'fund' does not appear when you click on the Release Restricted Funds button when entering a bill, you should add the proper accounts, and have the fund listed by adding it using the Accounting -> Fund Accouting -> Setup -> Maintain List of Donor Restrictions. By clicking on ADD there you can properly add the Restriction and use the existing Fund Balance account, and create the release. However, I would NOT have used a 'subaccount' as the Fund Balance (Net Asset) account, I would have created a new account 3210 ?? instead.

Not knowing how you originally move funds to those accounts make it harder to give any further advice.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

willsell

Re: Adjusting Balance sheet balances

Post by willsell »

You are correct . The missing funds were not setup via the list donor function.