where to find unique transaction number or trans key?

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

LMac

where to find unique transaction number or trans key?

Post by LMac »

Hello All, my first post - please go easy :D I'm new to power church but years of experience with many accounting systems/databases - I'm hoping someone can help me with this: I've searched many on screen displays of transaction details, vendor history details, poured over printed Journal Reports and detailed transactions by account number, and audit log reports etc.... and I do see lots of info in field named "reference" and each transaction has time and date stamps and info on "who" created, who posted etc... all good info! but I can't seem to find a unique transaction number (or aka record number, or record key #) For some reason the PC Manual I download is not working as "searchable text" in adobe pro - I tried searching for "unique transaction number" - no joy, and I tried searching this forum too without luck - all this to say, apologies if this is a super easy/obvious question and you might say that I should have found the answer by now - oops sorry! use case: I would like to be able to find and use a unique transaction number (or record key) when data entering/capturing "notes" or "comments" about certain transactions, or when leaving notes or emails for my colleagues to be sure we are all looking at, or fixing a certain/specific transaction - sorry if this is a Rookie query :) thanks!!!!

NeilZ

Re: where to find unique transaction number or trans key?

Post by NeilZ »

LMac wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:09 am
Hello All, my first post - please go easy :D I'm new to power church but years of experience with many accounting systems/databases - I'm hoping someone can help me with this: I've searched many on screen displays of transaction details, vendor history details, poured over printed Journal Reports and detailed transactions by account number, and audit log reports etc.... and I do see lots of info in field named "reference" and each transaction has time and date stamps and info on "who" created, who posted etc... all good info! but I can't seem to find a unique transaction number (or aka record number, or record key #) For some reason the PC Manual I download is not working as "searchable text" in adobe pro - I tried searching for "unique transaction number" - no joy, and I tried searching this forum too without luck - all this to say, apologies if this is a super easy/obvious question and you might say that I should have found the answer by now - oops sorry! use case: I would like to be able to find and use a unique transaction number (or record key) when data entering/capturing "notes" or "comments" about certain transactions, or when leaving notes or emails for my colleagues to be sure we are all looking at, or fixing a certain/specific transaction - sorry if this is a Rookie query :) thanks!!!!
FWIW ... checks written in Payroll and Accounts Payable all post with the check number as the reference. Deposits coming from Contributions usually have the abbreviation CONTRIB..

Now you can add specific references when entering transactions directly in the Funds Accounting module, but those should be few and far between. Could you be a bit more specific about what exactly you are trying to do? Give an example of what you want to use and when you would use it.

That said, the View Posted Transactions function under Funds Accounting does have a filter that you can use to select specific months, dates, financial modules, or who entered the transaction, as well as by reference/check number.

The Selected Transactions report can also provide you with the same sort of filtering.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

If you are wanting to see the actual transaction ID used in the database, I doubt that is exposed anywhere in the UI or reports.

LMac

Post by LMac »

Thanks folks, I think Zorak has answered by question - there is not a unique transaction key available to me