Initial Set Up Question

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Fairview UC

Initial Set Up Question

Post by Fairview UC »

I have finished going through the initial set up and have started entering transactions for 2023, but began to question whether I had put in all of the outstanding transactions (specifically a deposit made in 2023 for 2022). I had an interruption at that point in the process and just can't remember if I did or not.
Is there a way to check that now? And if so, please let me know where to find that.
If it is not there, is there any way of adding that now? If so, please let me know how to do that.
If not, is my only option to restart the set-up process? If so, I totally understand.
Thanks!

NeilZ

Re: Initial Set Up Question

Post by NeilZ »

Fairview UC wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:36 am
I have finished going through the initial set up and have started entering transactions for 2023, but began to question whether I had put in all of the outstanding transactions (specifically a deposit made in 2023 for 2022). I had an interruption at that point in the process and just can't remember if I did or not.
Is there a way to check that now? And if so, please let me know where to find that.
If it is not there, is there any way of adding that now? If so, please let me know how to do that.
If not, is my only option to restart the set-up process? If so, I totally understand.
Thanks!
I'm assuming you ran the Setup Assistant when you setup Accounting, right? You should be able to tell when you do the band reconciliation for January. If you can't find that deposit in the system, but its on the bank statement, exit the reconciliation by clicking on the Postpone button.

Enter the deposit transaction via Funds Accounting -> Enter Transactions module. Enter the date of the deposit; frankly as churches are run on a cash basis, even though the deposit was for 2022, it will be seen in the Income and Expense for 2023 as that was the date it was deposited. This will not affect how the Contributions look, they will be credited for 2022 on their statements.

Post that transaction to Funds Accounting, and then resume the reconciliation.

Hope that helps.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.