Default File Location

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

CoveBaptist

Default File Location

Post by CoveBaptist »

When saving a file, is there a way to change the default File Save location so I don't have to go through the browse process everytime?

NeilZ

Re: Default File Location

Post by NeilZ »

CoveBaptist wrote:When saving a file, is there a way to change the default File Save location so I don't have to go through the browse process everytime?
I don't believe so, the system will always save it to the user's Documents directory. Perhaps in the next version, if you want to send a suggestion to wishlist@powerchurch.com.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

The program starts out defaulting to the My Documents folder, then remembers your last used directory and opens that up automatically.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Zorak wrote:The program starts out defaulting to the My Documents folder, then remembers your last used directory and opens that up automatically.
Um ... I haven't seen that happen here.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

It's been there since a Maintenance Release for Version 10 in July 2008!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

I don't know if there were further updates beyond that initial release, but it appears that the Backup & Restore utility is the only one that is actually working that way.

The initial feature that was documented and released was to add that functionality to everywhere (saving reports, exporting data, to mail merge, backups, etc.)

I will do some more research

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Zorak wrote:I don't know if there were further updates beyond that initial release, but it appears that the Backup & Restore utility is the only one that is actually working that way.

The initial feature that was documented and released was to add that functionality to everywhere (saving reports, exporting data, to mail merge, backups, etc.)

I will do some more research
Regression testing can be a real pain ... things do tend to fall between cracks.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

CoveBaptist

Post by CoveBaptist »

I don't think it does this in my 11.5 version. I have to go back EVERY time I do a save and browse to find my file location for Contributions and Accounting and Backup. It would be so nice not to have to do this! I have submitted it to the address provided. Thanks!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

I have confirmed that it was written up to update across the whole program, but was only ever implemented in the Backup & Restore utility. I'll pass this along as a suggestion as well.

CoveBaptist

Post by CoveBaptist »

Has anything ever been done to correct this? I still have to change my file save location everytime I attempt to save a document. Thanks!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

CoveBaptist wrote:Has anything ever been done to correct this? I still have to change my file save location everytime I attempt to save a document. Thanks!
Don't think its been fixed yet.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

CoveBaptist

Post by CoveBaptist »

Thank you - do I need to submit a request to do this to someone or somewhere? Just seems this would be a timesaver for everyone.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

CoveBaptist wrote:Thank you - do I need to submit a request to do this to someone or somewhere? Just seems this would be a timesaver for everyone.
I'll send a note to Zorak and remind him of this thread.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

It's written up and is in the list of things to fix or at least review. Program Development keeps an eye on the forum posts as well, so this bring it back around for discussion.

BUMC_J

Post by BUMC_J »

NeilZ wrote:
Zorak wrote:The program starts out defaulting to the My Documents folder, then remembers your last used directory and opens that up automatically.
Um ... I haven't seen that happen here.
ALSO while we are at It I would like to set a default file type