Next Years Budget

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

kilpatrick

Next Years Budget

Post by kilpatrick »

We are wanting to clean up our current budget for next year. I am thinking that I will start from scratch instead of copying the budget over. The issue is that there are a lot of line items that really should be sub accounts. Can I reuse line item numbers for new items on the new budget? And, while I am working on this, will it effect the current budget? We are in our second year of PowerChurch, so we are just figuring out what really works and doesn't work for us, organization wise. We have v11.5.

Tina
Kilpatrick Church

JohnDMeyers

Re: Next Years Budget

Post by JohnDMeyers »

You cannot enter next year's budget without disrupting budgeting reports for this year.

You can reuse accounts after closing this year (make a backup of 2014) and then make changes.

You may also consider starting over, by hitting RESET ACCOUNTING. We did this in 2009 and again in 2010 until we got the system setup the way we wanted it for going forward. It was worth the effort, for us.
You can watch my PowerChurch tutorials now on YouTube!

Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/EmpowerYour ... ture=watch

kilpatrick

Post by kilpatrick »

If you restart accounting, I would assume you need to re-enter everything, such as bank information.

If you cannot enter next year's budget without interrupting the current budget, when can you put that together? I am thinking that it is going to take me several hours to get everything entered in the way we want it, but I need it ready to go by January 1. I wouldn't think that you would need to close out December 2014 before you can enter the new budget for January 2015.

Tina
Kilpatrick Church

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

kilpatrick wrote:If you restart accounting, I would assume you need to re-enter everything, such as bank information.

If you cannot enter next year's budget without interrupting the current budget, when can you put that together? I am thinking that it is going to take me several hours to get everything entered in the way we want it, but I need it ready to go by January 1. I wouldn't think that you would need to close out December 2014 before you can enter the new budget for January 2015.

Tina
Kilpatrick Church
You could use one of the Budget Report printouts that are available for use to devise the budget, then when you're ready, you can enter the 2015 budget into the system using the BUDGET -> Budget Entry function. In this way, you can plan, erase, reassess, without having to change numbers in the system until you have it correct.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.