Reconcile Bank Accounts

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

kwilson

Reconcile Bank Accounts

Post by kwilson »

When trying to reconcile my bank account, I have two deposits showing as not being cleared from last month's statement. Both deposits were cleared last month and show on the Bank Reconciliation Account Report as being cleared. Everything else reconciles to bank statement. How can I clear these two items?
Kay
PowerChurch user since 2009
PowerChurch Online user since 2014

NeilZ

Re: Reconcile Bank Accounts

Post by NeilZ »

kwilson wrote:When trying to reconcile my bank account, I have two deposits showing as not being cleared from last month's statement. Both deposits were cleared last month and show on the Bank Reconciliation Account Report as being cleared. Everything else reconciles to bank statement. How can I clear these two items?
OK ... Powerchurch shows it being cleared, but the bank does not ????

You have to go with the bank statement, that is what you're reconciling to, not vice versa.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

kwilson

Post by kwilson »

No, in Fund Accounting Reconcile Bank Accounts two previously cleared deposits are showing as NOT cleared. They were cleared in PowerChurch last month when reconciling bank account.
Kay
PowerChurch user since 2009
PowerChurch Online user since 2014

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

kwilson wrote:No, in Fund Accounting Reconcile Bank Accounts two previously cleared deposits are showing as NOT cleared. They were cleared in PowerChurch last month when reconciling bank account.
So, Powerchurch shows them as not cleared, but they did appear on the bank statement at that time, and you have a Reconciliation Report showing them as cleared, correct ??

I'm assuming here that you're looking at a Reconciliation Report that was printed at the time of the last reconcile and filed. Try running a reconcilation report for that date from Powerchurch now. If those deposits show as reconciled on that new reprint, then someone may have changed (reversed) the transactions.

If so, then I would look at the audit log to see what happened.

Let us know what you find.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.