Closing the Accounting Year

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

JohnDMeyers

Re: Closing the Accounting Year

Post by JohnDMeyers »

If, indeed, your accounting has been closed through Dec 2011, then I think you will have to RESTART accounting, or restore a previous backup to go back to a previous date.
You can watch my PowerChurch tutorials now on YouTube!

Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/EmpowerYour ... ture=watch

NeilZ

Re: Closing the Accounting Year

Post by NeilZ »

alexisparkchurch wrote:I am just starting to use the power church program which someone else previously set up but did not use. I entered contributions and then went to post them and received an error message that my current year is January 2012 and I that my year has been closed through to December 2011. Is there any way to change these dates so that I can post transactions for January 2011?
If someone set it up and did not use it, then I also suspect that they were not posting Contributions to Funds Accounting, and just posting them to the Contributions database.

Or, someone who did not know what they were doing closed all your accounting months.

I agree with John, RESTART Funds Accounting. This will enable you to make sure that you have all the proper beginning balances in the system, and then you would be able to use the system as it was intended to be used.

First a question, was there any work done in Accounting, that is, were bills paid out of Accounts Payable ?? Bank accounts reconciled in Funds Accounting ?? Payroll used to pay staff ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.