Deleting Fund Accounting data

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

HP@SAC

Deleting Fund Accounting data

Post by HP@SAC »

We have been setting up Power Church for the past few months for our church (too many accounts). We did a small trial run in December and deleted the data, which seemed to have closed the month. Then we did a full on trial and used January 2015. We now want to delete all the data in Contributions and Fund Accounting but I'm afraid that it will once again close off the month of January. It says that it lets me choose a new accounting month when I zero out the balances, but will I be able to chose January again?
Thanks, Heidi

JohnDMeyers

Re: Deleting Fund Accounting data

Post by JohnDMeyers »

Another option is to choose RESTART ACCOUNTING, which essentially puts the fund account back to the original install conditions.
You can watch my PowerChurch tutorials now on YouTube!

Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/EmpowerYour ... ture=watch

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

If you chose the restart accounting option, you'll still have to manually delete the Contribution module data.

Easiest way to to this is from the menu: Contributions -> Setup -> Delete old data

Then set the date range for the dates you were testing with. If you added pledged, reopen the function after you delete the posted contributions, and set the range for the pledges.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

HP@SAC

Post by HP@SAC »

Thanks, I'll try that...just afraid I'll have to reenter days worth of accounts!

HP@SAC

Post by HP@SAC »

Neil, when I delete the data from the Contribution Module, will it also delete all the accounts and members and donor numbers?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

HP@SAC wrote:Neil, when I delete the data from the Contribution Module, will it also delete all the accounts and members and donor numbers?
If you're going to restart Accounting, you will probably have to verify the Fund Accounting accounts setup on your Contribution Funds, but as far as deleting old data in Contributions, all it does is remove the contributions that each contributor has listed, it doesn't change or delete any other information.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

HP@SAC

Post by HP@SAC »

Thank you.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

If you do a restart in Fund Accounting, you will have to set your chart of accounts back up again.

In this case it sounds like you want to use the delete data option in fund accounting.

1. Make a backup before you start.

2. Close all the accounting months you have posted transactions to.

3. Using the delete old data in fund accounting delete all the data through the last month you have posted too.

4. At this point you should get a dialog asking you what month to set as the current month. I would suggest setting December 2014. You will need to enter your beginning balances in using transactions. Put those entries in December and start your regular work in January.

livinghope1

Post by livinghope1 »

I am not sure if this is completely related but we would like to completely remove all reference to accounting data in PowerChurch and return to using it just for tracking contributions without having to set-up accounting funds, etc. Will Restarting Accounting reset us back to the way we were before we tried using the accounting module?

Thanks
Bill

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

livinghope1 wrote:I am not sure if this is completely related but we would like to completely remove all reference to accounting data in PowerChurch and return to using it just for tracking contributions without having to set-up accounting funds, etc. Will Restarting Accounting reset us back to the way we were before we tried using the accounting module?

Thanks
Bill
It will do that, and not touch Contributions in any way. However, if you were using Accounts Payable, you will lose all that data, along with Payroll data.

However, why would you want to stop using Accounting? Having it integrated with everything else eliminates any possible issue with accounting data being lost, or entered in error.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.