Close To Accounts

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

CoveBaptist

Close To Accounts

Post by CoveBaptist »

I have realized that I must have my close to accounts really messed up. Is there a simple explanation to help me determine what I have messed up. I have three Funds - 01 is my regular checking account. 02 has two Money Market Accounts - one is general fund and one is a building fund (considered temp restricted) and Fund 03 is for designated funds (temporarily restricted). I have transfer accounts set up - although now I am questioning if they are correct. My Contribution Funds are set up so that when a restricted contribution is received it goes into the appropriate account in Fund 3. Then we transfer all Building Fund donations in Fund 3 to the Money Market once a month (in Fund 2). This past month opened a new Money Market and in trying to set it up and transfer funds to it, everything got really messed up. I believe it was because of the close to accounts. When I reversed that transaction, it appeared to double everything. I just stopped and reinstalled my last month back up and stated over. I'm back to setting up the new MM and I've just stopped. The transactions that messed everything up the first time involved the Transfer accounts so it would appear that my problem (right now) is there. But I also think I have my restricted funds are not closing properly either. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: Thanks for any assistance.

NeilZ

Re: Close To Accounts

Post by NeilZ »

I've pulled an additional question from this poster from another topic to keep all information in one location:
CoveBaptist wrote:I had this same problem in regard to wanting to be able to present a "clean" report to the congregation. So two years ago, I went to a separate fund for Restricted Funds or Designated Funds (Fund 03). I thought it had been working well, but I'm not so sure now. Each month we have contributions to our Building Fund. I have a Contribution Fund set up so when entered through the Contribution Module, they go into Fund 03 under Building Fund. Then at the end of the month, we transfer these to our Restricted Money Market. I keep the Money Market Accounts - 3 separate ones - in Account 02. My questions are:

1) what should my transaction be to transfer these funds from 03 to 02?
2) Do I need to Release these Funds each time I transfer to the Money Market?
3) And what accounts should the Transfer Accounts used in these transactions be closing to?

Thanks!
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.