Closed Month in Error

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

SusanG

Closed Month in Error

Post by SusanG »

One of our finance volunteers closed a month before we were finished with entries. Is there any way to re-open this month? I realize this would not normally be something that should be done or allowed for a variety of reasons, but the month was closed in error. Our treasurer asked me if I could look into this for him and he said he will just deal with the month staying closed if he must. Perhaps like re-setting the administrative password, there is a way to do this with assistance from PowerChurch Support?

Susan G.

tborgal

Re: Closed Month in Error

Post by tborgal »

There is no way that I know of to reopen a closed month. The only way that you could get it open again would be if you had a backup that was made just prior to the closing of the month and restore it. You would then have to enter any transaction that were made after the restore date.
Tom

SusanG

Post by SusanG »

That is what I thought, but i was asked to check.

Thanks!

Susan G.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

SusanG wrote:That is what I thought, but i was asked to check.

Thanks!

Susan G.
Susan,

if no one has the admin password, you should get it reset so that someone can remove the POST and CLOSE PERIOD permissions from anyone who should not have it.

In addition, there really isn't a need to close a month until you need to open another, as you can have 18 months open at any time.

In order to get the admin password reset, you have to contact Powerchurch. Here is what one of the Powerchurch techs wrote about this:
In order to override the administrator password, we need written permission from two church officials. We have a form you can fill out and fax back to us.
It may sound like a pain, but the Admin password has the 'keys to the kingdom' so to speak. It can access all the data in the system. This is why they want to make sure that they get the authorization of the church officers to do this.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.