Reversing a posted entry in AP
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:59 pm
I posted an entry in AP, printed the check, the check has cleared and that month has been reconciled. The month of the posting was Jan. 2016. I need to correct this to show the posting month as Dec. 2015. When I try to reverse the transaction in FA, it gives me the warning that transaction was created in AP so it needs to be reversed in AP. When I searched the topics for how to do this for a transaction that had already been posted to FA, the answer given was to void the check in AP and then correct by using the same number of check that I just voided. Will this work in my situation? It seems odd to void a check that has already been reconciled and cleared the bank. All I want to do is correct the posting month. Thanks-