How to Force Review Before Transaction Posted?

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

SusanG

How to Force Review Before Transaction Posted?

Post by SusanG »

I am wondering if there is a way to force a transaction to be reviewed before items are posted.

As the Parish Administrator, I prepare and sign most checks, (some are signed by our treasurer). Sometimes, I have a question about the accounting on a check and would like our treasurer to review the accounting entries before the item is posted. Sometimes an item gets posted before it gets reviewed and results in the need for correcting entries.

Does anybody know if there is a way to force a transaction to be reviewed before it is posted?

Susan

NeilZ

Re: How to Force Review Before Transaction Posted?

Post by NeilZ »

SusanG wrote:I am wondering if there is a way to force a transaction to be reviewed before items are posted.

As the Parish Administrator, I prepare and sign most checks, (some are signed by our treasurer). Sometimes, I have a question about the accounting on a check and would like our treasurer to review the accounting entries before the item is posted. Sometimes an item gets posted before it gets reviewed and results in the need for correcting entries.

Does anybody know if there is a way to force a transaction to be reviewed before it is posted?

Susan
Not really, but you CAN reduce the number of people who can POST Funds Accounting transactions. If you want the treasurer to review transactions, just make him the person who posts in Funds Accounting.

Unfortunately, you don't have that option for the submodules of AR, AP and Payroll. However, those transactions once posted to Funds Accounting, can be adjusted if necessary there.

Does that help?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

SusanG

Post by SusanG »

Well, our treasurer is the one who posted the transactions without viewing them. So I guess I'm out of luck. I was hoping to avoid adjusting entries.

Thank you for your reply, Neil. I appreciate your sharing your knowledge!

Susan

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

SusanG wrote:Well, our treasurer is the one who posted the transactions without viewing them. So I guess I'm out of luck. I was hoping to avoid adjusting entries.

Thank you for your reply, Neil. I appreciate your sharing your knowledge!

Susan
Unfortunate ... the only thing I would say is for you to either view the Unposted Transactions in Funds Accounting daily to be sure they're correct, or make arrangements with the Treasurer to only post transactions on certain days of the month (end of week on Friday?) thus you can view them before they're posted.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.