HELP - I'm hating Powerchurch

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Post Reply
Ebcgatesville
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:08 am

HELP - I'm hating Powerchurch

Post by Ebcgatesville »

I'm extremely frustrated. I have worked for 2 days trying to figure out how to release temporary restrictions.

We have a Wednesday Night Meal Account (is a separate checking account). We have it as a level 5 with an account of 1130

Under Temporarily restricted we have it set up as a level 5 Wednesday Meal with an account of 3284-123 Equity

Then under Temporarily restricted we have it set as a level 5 with an account # 4284-123 Income

Then lastly we have it listed under Temp restricted release - set as level 5 wednesday meal Acct. # 4884-123 income

What am i doing wrong or how do I simply write an expense check dealing with this temp restriction???

NeilZ
Posts: 10588
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:20 am
Location: Dexter NM
Contact:

Re: HELP - I'm hating Powerchurch

Post by NeilZ »

Ebcgatesville wrote:I'm extremely frustrated. I have worked for 2 days trying to figure out how to release temporary restrictions.
We have a Wednesday Night Meal Account (is a separate checking account). We have it as a level 5 with an account of 1130
Under Temporarily restricted we have it set up as a level 5 Wednesday Meal with an account of 3284-123 Equity
Then under Temporarily restricted we have it set as a level 5 with an account # 4284-123 Income
Then lastly we have it listed under Temp restricted release - set as level 5 wednesday meal Acct. # 4884-123 income
What am i doing wrong or how do I simply write an expense check dealing with this temp restriction???
How are you writing these checks? Both the Open Invoices and Manual Check forms have a button at the bottom that says Release Restricted Funds. After you've select the proper Checking account (Credit) and the proper Expense account (Debit), you should then be able to click the button and the popup Release Restricted Amounts window will appear listing all the Restricted Funds you have setup. You would then select the proper fund from that list. The popup window will then change to read Enter the amount to release from this restriction. Normally it will list the amount as shown on the check. You can then enter any notes about this, and then click finish. The system will automatically add the Restricted Account as a DEBIT, and the Release Account as a CREDIT.

FWIW ... since this actually has a separate checking account, I can't see why you needed to restrict the fund even more by creating a temporarily restricted for these funds. Its actually overkill :)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Ebcgatesville
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:08 am

Re: HELP - I'm hating Powerchurch

Post by Ebcgatesville »

In reference to your last comment - My mistake - I don't suppose there is a way to change that checking account (wed meal acct) to where it has no restrictions? I doubt that it would be that easy
:(

NeilZ
Posts: 10588
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:20 am
Location: Dexter NM
Contact:

Re: HELP - I'm hating Powerchurch

Post by NeilZ »

Ebcgatesville wrote:In reference to your last comment - My mistake - I don't suppose there is a way to change that checking account (wed meal acct) to where it has no restrictions? I doubt that it would be that easy
:(
Please understand, there is no restrictions on the checking account, the restriction is placed on the INCOME account. You could write checks off the checking account till the cows come home, but the system will only track it as a check from the account. This can be changed, but it could be more trouble that its worth.

However, did you follow the directions on how to release the funds ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Ebcgatesville
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:08 am

Re: HELP - I'm hating Powerchurch

Post by Ebcgatesville »

I'm trying to follow the directions. Is there anything on here that is worth the trouble?

NeilZ
Posts: 10588
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:20 am
Location: Dexter NM
Contact:

Re: HELP - I'm hating Powerchurch

Post by NeilZ »

Ebcgatesville wrote:I'm trying to follow the directions. Is there anything on here that is worth the trouble?
What do you mean, is anything on here worth the trouble ?? Not sure what you're saying. Do you mean as far as information? Yes, searching the forums usually finds a fix for an issue.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support
Posts: 3181
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 9:59 am
Location: PowerChurch Software
Contact:

Re: HELP - I'm hating Powerchurch

Post by Zorak »

Here is an article that we published in the newsletter a few years back that breaks down Donor Restrictions to the simplest terms and explanation of the setup and use of this functionality:

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/229 ... 11#feature

Post Reply