Page 1 of 1
Warning on Funds Balancing Needed
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:51 am
by SandyWatts
In the past, PowerChurch has warned me if I am posting (generally paying a check) and the funds are out of balance. For some reason (due to something I or someone else has done) that's not showing anymore. How do I get it back?
Example: I write a check for $200, $50 to be charged to fund 02, line 7510, $150 is charged to fund 01, line 7660. I need to know if I do something dumb like crediting those accounts, but debiting it all to the 01 fund's checking.
Re: Warning on Funds Balancing Needed
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:11 pm
by NeilZ
SandyWatts wrote:In the past, PowerChurch has warned me if I am posting (generally paying a check) and the funds are out of balance. For some reason (due to something I or someone else has done) that's not showing anymore. How do I get it back?
Example: I write a check for $200, $50 to be charged to fund 02, line 7510, $150 is charged to fund 01, line 7660. I need to know if I do something dumb like crediting those accounts, but debiting it all to the 01 fund's checking.
The system should warn you when you're out of balance and/or using two different funds. What version are you using? Are you on the most current Maintenance Release?
HOWEVER if you clicked the checkbox to say 'do not show this warning again' ... which I just realize may have happened to you, I really don't know for sure. This may be the first time this question has been asked. I'd give the Powerchurch support line a call.
Re: Warning on Funds Balancing Needed
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:12 pm
by Zorak
There is an option to reset all user warnings in Versions 11 and 11.5.
Go to File > Preferences > User Setup Options.
On Version 11, there is a button labeled "Reset Warning Messages" on the Background tab.
On Version 11.5, it was moved to the General tab.