Budget Amendment

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

CoveBaptist

Budget Amendment

Post by CoveBaptist »

Is there a mechanism in place to enter/document budget amendments made throughout the year?

NeilZ

Re: Budget Amendment

Post by NeilZ »

CoveBaptist wrote:Is there a mechanism in place to enter/document budget amendments made throughout the year?
Not in the way you're looking for. However, you can go into the account and adjust the budget from the month the change has been approved. Then on the main account page in the Chart of Accounts, you can enter a note there to reflect the change.

So, if an account was budgeted 100 a month, but in March it was changed to 120 a month for the rest of the year. You can access the Maintain Chart of Accounts , find the account, find the fund that account is in (such as postage may be used in a few different funds) then click on the Budget button for that fund line.

You'll then see the Account Detail screen open to the Budget tab. You can then modify the individual months to show the changed budget amounts.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

CoveBaptist

Post by CoveBaptist »

I too would love to se this as an improvement to PowerChurch - a method to post a budget amendment approved throughout the year that did not actually change the initial approved budget. Often our budget amendments only affect the year approved and are not needed to be carried forward to the next year. Thank you for any consideration of this!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

CoveBaptist wrote:I too would love to se this as an improvement to PowerChurch - a method to post a budget amendment approved throughout the year that did not actually change the initial approved budget. Often our budget amendments only affect the year approved and are not needed to be carried forward to the next year. Thank you for any consideration of this!
I would write up your request, explain why you need it, how it would improve your processes,and send it to wishlist@powerchurch.com
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

sonyatch

Post by sonyatch »

This would so beneficial to our church as well. I would much rather have my budget amendments stand out and include a notes option, for the approval date or other info, rather than just adjust the budget within the chart of accounts. Can this please be added to an upcoming update.

Thanks!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

sonyatch wrote:This would so beneficial to our church as well. I would much rather have my budget amendments stand out and include a notes option, for the approval date or other info, rather than just adjust the budget within the chart of accounts. Can this please be added to an upcoming update.

Thanks!
As I mentioned above, write to wishlist@powerchurch.com with your request. Give a full explanation of what you would like to see, as well as how you believe it should work. Include the reasoning behind the request, and why it would assist you in your duties and responsibilities to your congregation.

The developers of Powerchurch do take user requests seriously, but they need to know that the time they are spending on such requests will provide benefits to the entire set of Powerchurch users, and not take away from other functions that provide a greater benefit to the user community.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.