Hi there,
I'm entering payroll manually, since I'm in Canada.
I have entered all the fields right, even allowing the last field to enter by using the tab, to balance. At which time I get the usual message, its in balance, would you like to save?
Click yes,
Then a message pops up and says the Debit and Credit fields are out of balance. Which they clearly are not.
Any idea why this is happening?
thank you,
Debby
Out of balance message
Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support
-
Zorak
- Tech Support

- Posts: 3181
- Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 9:59 am
- Location: PowerChurch Software
- Contact:
Re: Out of balance message
Are you using accounts in different accounting funds (meaning the first two digits of the account numbers are different from one account to the next)?
The warning message would actually say that the debits and credits are out of balance in each accounting fund.
The warning message would actually say that the debits and credits are out of balance in each accounting fund.
Re: Out of balance message
Yes, I am.
So I guess it has to be done differently than in my previous program.
How would one do that and have it balance out?
1060 bank CR
5410 Yth Pastor DR
5420 EI expense DR
5430 CPP expense DR
2180 EI payable CR
2185 CPP payable CR
2190 Tax payable CR
I tried to attach a picture of it, but couldn't. This is what I remember... but it may not be exact.
Now I'm at home, so if you need more info, I won't be able to have access to it.
Thanks!
Debby
So I guess it has to be done differently than in my previous program.
How would one do that and have it balance out?
1060 bank CR
5410 Yth Pastor DR
5420 EI expense DR
5430 CPP expense DR
2180 EI payable CR
2185 CPP payable CR
2190 Tax payable CR
I tried to attach a picture of it, but couldn't. This is what I remember... but it may not be exact.
Now I'm at home, so if you need more info, I won't be able to have access to it.
Thanks!
Debby
-
Zorak
- Tech Support

- Posts: 3181
- Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 9:59 am
- Location: PowerChurch Software
- Contact:
Re: Out of balance message
The accounting transaction needs to be in balance, meaning the total debits and credits in the transaction should equal each other.
When working with multiple accounting funds, it is important to remember that each accounting fund is its own separate, self-balancing chart of accounts. So when you enter a transaction that affects accounts in funds 01 and 02, the debits and credits you post into fund 01 need to balance as well as the debits and credits posted into the accounts in fund 02.
When working with multiple accounting funds, it is important to remember that each accounting fund is its own separate, self-balancing chart of accounts. So when you enter a transaction that affects accounts in funds 01 and 02, the debits and credits you post into fund 01 need to balance as well as the debits and credits posted into the accounts in fund 02.
Re: Out of balance message
Thank you,
I really appreciate your help.
I am still not able to see what's wrong. This is how I always posted in Simply, and I set up the accounts the same.
The accounts are all in 01
01-1060 CR 1,332.72
01-2180 CR 75.19
01-2285 CR 150.56
01-2190 CR 214.80
01-5410 DR 1,666.66
01-5420 DR 31.33
01-5430 DR 75.28
Totals 1,773.27 1,773.27
The balance sheet looks fine. How would I check to see where its not working?
Thanks,
Debby
I really appreciate your help.
I am still not able to see what's wrong. This is how I always posted in Simply, and I set up the accounts the same.
The accounts are all in 01
01-1060 CR 1,332.72
01-2180 CR 75.19
01-2285 CR 150.56
01-2190 CR 214.80
01-5410 DR 1,666.66
01-5420 DR 31.33
01-5430 DR 75.28
Totals 1,773.27 1,773.27
The balance sheet looks fine. How would I check to see where its not working?
Thanks,
Debby