New Payroll not showing up

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Post Reply
MVA
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:41 pm

New Payroll not showing up

Post by MVA »

Hi,
I just added a new employee... entered all the info, printed the check, posted as paid. Posted transactions... Now it doesn't show up anywhere except in the payroll history. The accounts that were used, the bank statement, etc... all missing.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Also, when I went to pay him, each item had to be ok'd, as if separate, instead of all together as it does for the other employees.
Any set-up or posting help / ideas much appreciated! (I also have to enter each item manually, as I'm in Canada.

Thanks,
Debby

NeilZ
Posts: 10588
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:20 am
Location: Dexter NM
Contact:

Re: New Payroll not showing up

Post by NeilZ »

MVA wrote:Hi,
I just added a new employee... entered all the info, printed the check, posted as paid. Posted transactions... Now it doesn't show up anywhere except in the payroll history. The accounts that were used, the bank statement, etc... all missing.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Also, when I went to pay him, each item had to be ok'd, as if separate, instead of all together as it does for the other employees.
Any set-up or posting help / ideas much appreciated! (I also have to enter each item manually, as I'm in Canada.

Thanks,
Debby
First off .. which version of Powerchurch are you using ?

Are you sure you posted to Fund Accounting, or was the posting option to Payroll only ??

Are any other payroll transactions missing?

As far as each item being OK'd, are all the pay items listed on his employee record?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

MVA
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: New Payroll not showing up

Post by MVA »

Hi,
Thanks,
I have the most recent Power Church Plus 11.55. No other items missing.
I posted to payroll and then to fund. Would that cause a problem? should I just post another way?
In entering his pay items, I found that I needed to add vacation pay as an income. (which I need to correct on my pay items. I also had created a vacation payable as a employer liability, which uses the same 2170 and 5415 expense account. Is it possible, that I do not need to use that employer liability item? Maybe that's the conflict?
I will experiment & see what happens until I hear from you again.
Thank you.
Debby

MVA
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: New Payroll not showing up

Post by MVA »

OK
That worked, posting to funds rather than payroll... also only need the vacation pay to be entered as an income... sorry to trouble you with this.
Blessings,
Debby

Post Reply