Page 1 of 1

new powerchurch setup gone wrong

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:26 pm
by bsbrown
Set up power church 11.5 for new church school. The person who was responsible for the bookkeeping gave me the incorrect starting balance as well as the incorrect month to begin. She gave me the ending balance for June which is the beginning balance for July and I set up the system from July, 2016 to August, 2017. She failed to tell me that the school opened the bank account in May and had deposits as well as manual checks written during May and June. She also entered ap entries for June and making it worse apparently closed June. I am thinking we will have to restart accounting but wanted to get an opinion before doing so. Thank you.

Re: new powerchurch setup gone wrong

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:58 pm
by NeilZ
bsbrown wrote:Set up power church 11.5 for new church school. The person who was responsible for the bookkeeping gave me the incorrect starting balance as well as the incorrect month to begin. She gave me the ending balance for June which is the beginning balance for July and I set up the system from July, 2016 to August, 2017. She failed to tell me that the school opened the bank account in May and had deposits as well as manual checks written during May and June. She also entered ap entries for June and making it worse apparently closed June. I am thinking we will have to restart accounting but wanted to get an opinion before doing so. Thank you.
It does not sound like it would be a good idea to try to fix this mess. I'd restart accounting, but insist on having all the data in front of you, bank statements, etc so you can make sure its correct.

Re: new powerchurch setup gone wrong

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:48 pm
by bsbrown
ur right about two things - that it needs starting over and it's certainly a mess. thanks

Re: new powerchurch setup gone wrong

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:18 pm
by bsbrown
Neal - I've been experimenting with this to insure I get it right this time. The fiscal year needs to be set July, 2016 - August, 2017. The start date needs to be May, 2016. Is this possible to have beginning dates prior to the fiscal year dates or should the fiscal year be July, 2015 - June, 2016 in order to enter data for May and June. Does it matter if the school only began to exist in May and the actual budget is for July-2016 - August, 2017. :wall:

Re: new powerchurch setup gone wrong

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:31 pm
by NeilZ
bsbrown wrote:Neal - I've been experimenting with this to insure I get it right this time. The fiscal year needs to be set July, 2016 - August, 2017. The start date needs to be May, 2016. Is this possible to have beginning dates prior to the fiscal year dates or should the fiscal year be July, 2015 - June, 2016 in order to enter data for May and June. Does it matter if the school only began to exist in May and the actual budget is for July-2016 - August, 2017. :wall:

I'm fairly sure that it doesn't matter, you can enter the data you want prior to July, I don't believe that PCPlus forces you into any specific fiscal year programmatically, but it does default to that set fiscal year start when you pull up reports.

So if you pull up a Year to Date report (I've not tested this so I'm assuming) that it will use the fiscal year start month as the start of that report.

Re: new powerchurch setup gone wrong

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:50 pm
by F12Mahon
I have to ask, Can you have a 14 month fiscal year? A year starting Jul 1 would normally end Jun 30

Eugene

Re: new powerchurch setup gone wrong

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:26 pm
by NeilZ
F12Mahon wrote:I have to ask, Can you have a 14 month fiscal year? A year starting Jul 1 would normally end Jun 30

Eugene
Not really. I know what you want to do, but it won't work. Just set the fiscal year for what they want it to be, but the first period will only have May and June.

Re: new powerchurch setup gone wrong

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:32 pm
by F12Mahon
I'm not doing it. bsbrown wanted to make the fiscal year from July2016 to August 2017. I didn't think it was possible.

Re: new powerchurch setup gone wrong

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:08 am
by NeilZ
F12Mahon wrote:I'm not doing it. bsbrown wanted to make the fiscal year from July2016 to August 2017. I didn't think it was possible.
Sorry ... it was in the same vein of questions, didn't look to see where it was coming from :)

Re: new powerchurch setup gone wrong

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:53 pm
by F12Mahon
NeilZ wrote:
F12Mahon wrote:I'm not doing it. bsbrown wanted to make the fiscal year from July2016 to August 2017. I didn't think it was possible.
Sorry ... it was in the same vein of questions, didn't look to see where it was coming from :)
It's okay, sometimes I don't know where I'm coming from...or where I'm going.