Multiple Customers Paying on One Invoice

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

1stAssembly

Multiple Customers Paying on One Invoice

Post by 1stAssembly »

Does anyone use accounts receivable for a daycare and have multiple people paying on one child's fees i.e. mom, grandparents, dad who is in another household? Wasn't sure whether to set them up as separate customers paying on one invoice or if the system would even let me do that. Am looking for direction since we are just getting started using accounts receivable. The accounts receivable system seems to be very limited. There is no place to include any kind of note with the payment or the customers info.

Matt
Authorized Teaching Consultant
Authorized Teaching Consultant

Re: Multiple Customers Paying on One Invoice

Post by Matt »

I would recommend that you set up one customer record for the child's fees. I'd recommend using the custodial parent as the customer.

It would be helpful if the Maintain Open Payments screen had a memo field. The memo field could then be used to add notes about who made the payment. Perhaps this is a change that could be made in an upcoming Maintenance Release.

It is true that the Accounts Receivable module is pretty limited. For this reason you may want to consider purchasing a separate accounts receivable software for the daycare.

1stAssembly

Re: Multiple Customers Paying on One Invoice

Post by 1stAssembly »

Thanks, Matt for your reply. A note field would be great. It is really best to have one accounting system to feed into the financial reports. Less room for error.