Direct Deposit Service Provider

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

tena20719

Direct Deposit Service Provider

Post by tena20719 »

Hi! We currently use Vanco for our direct deposit service for payroll. They have just notified us that they will no longer be in the direct deposit service as of December 31, 2016.

Who do you use to handle your direct deposit for payroll? I would appreciate any recommendations!

Thanks!
Tena

NeilZ

Re: Direct Deposit Service Provider

Post by NeilZ »

tena20719 wrote:Hi! We currently use Vanco for our direct deposit service for payroll. They have just notified us that they will no longer be in the direct deposit service as of December 31, 2016.

Who do you use to handle your direct deposit for payroll? I would appreciate any recommendations!

Thanks!
Tena
I suspect that Powerchurch just received this notice too, and that they have started looking to see what other companies can be integrated. This affects a quite a few people, and I know that they will have some information within a week or two.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

tena20719

Post by tena20719 »

That would be great. I would really like something that would integrate with Powerchurch!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

This is a recent change from Vanco and we only found out about it after the fact. We are working to make an update in the program to allow it to create ACH files directly, which should allow you to send transactions directly to your bank or any other payment processing service. It's still in process here but we hope to be able to release it soon.

tena20719

Post by tena20719 »

That would be awesome. Could you please keep me posted?

Thanks bunches!
Tena

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

tena20719 wrote:That would be awesome. Could you please keep me posted?

Thanks bunches!
Tena
I'd look for it in a Maintenance Release when they're ready.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FBCMoyock

Post by FBCMoyock »

We were also using VANCO for ACH payroll payments only. Charging us $8.75 per month for 5 transactions. Our bank wants at least $50 to do the same. Has anyone found a cheaper solution?

bjwhitson

Post by bjwhitson »

Has anyone heard an update on this issue? We wanted to restart Direct Deposit and I just found out from Vanco they don't offer that.
Betsy
BJW
Finance Committee-HPC
PC+ user since 2008
Grayson, GA

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

PowerChurch creates a NACHA file now, so you can take that to most any bank or payment provider. This was updated in Version 11.55.

bridgetrochon

Post by bridgetrochon »

Our bank doesn't take CSV or NACHA files. So, we need to use a third party vendor if we are going to use direct deposit with our current bank. Does anyone have any recommendations for third party vendors? Any help would be appreciated! THANKS!!!

FBCMoyock

Post by FBCMoyock »

bridgetrochon wrote:Our bank doesn't take CSV or NACHA files. So, we need to use a third party vendor if we are going to use direct deposit with our current bank. Does anyone have any recommendations for third party vendors? Any help would be appreciated! THANKS!!!
I signed up with ACH Solutions.They are part of UMSBanking.com Cheaper than Vanco, but interface is not as user friendly. Prices are cheaper The pricing for ACH services through UMS Banking is as follows:

$25.00 - chargeback
$5.00 - return/late fee
$5.00 - NOC (Notice of Change)
$0.50 - per item
$15.00 - set up fee
So basically $15 ti get setup and $0.50 per item, no monthly fee. First payroll is supposed to process tonight. We'll see if we get paid:)

bridgetrochon

Post by bridgetrochon »

THANKS for the feedback. Let me know how it goes with your payroll tonight! The cost is very reasonable too.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

FWIW ... I've been starting to use our banks 'online ePayment' system.

Basically, since we are a non-profit business, we have access to business features for a monthly fee. This allows me to setup the employees as 'vendors', and then setup for their direct deposit.

I just have to go online, enter a 'bill' for the amount of the check, and then tell the bank to process. There is a bit of lead time (4 business days), but nothing that we can't live with, although I suspect other banks have longer or shorter times.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FBCMoyock

Post by FBCMoyock »

NeilZ wrote:FWIW ... I've been starting to use our banks 'online ePayment' system.

Basically, since we are a non-profit business, we have access to business features for a monthly fee. This allows me to setup the employees as 'vendors', and then setup for their direct deposit.

I just have to go online, enter a 'bill' for the amount of the check, and then tell the bank to process. There is a bit of lead time (4 business days), but nothing that we can't live with, although I suspect other banks have longer or shorter times.
That was an option I considered, but I wanted a direct deposit and none of our staff use the same bank.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

FBCMoyock wrote:
NeilZ wrote:FWIW ... I've been starting to use our banks 'online ePayment' system.

That was an option I considered, but I wanted a direct deposit and none of our staff use the same bank.
None of the employees use this bank. It is a direct deposit from my bank into their account at their own bank, they are setup as vendors with their bank accounts as the payment location.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.