correcting duplication postings

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Tammy/newlife

correcting duplication postings

Post by Tammy/newlife »

I forgot to post in fund accounting after posting in ap. and couldn't figure out why I could not find the checks in the system later in the month....even though I knew they were in there somewhere I couldn't find them. So, I entered everything manually again thinking there was a glitch. After posting fund accounting I of course have duplicate entries. Do I only reverse in fund acctg to get it all out? I'm thinking it would be good to take them out from AP, but I can't figure out how to do it

NeilZ

Re: correcting duplication postings

Post by NeilZ »

Tammy/newlife wrote:I forgot to post in fund accounting after posting in ap. and couldn't figure out why I could not find the checks in the system later in the month....even though I knew they were in there somewhere I couldn't find them. So, I entered everything manually again thinking there was a glitch. After posting fund accounting I of course have duplicate entries. Do I only reverse in fund acctg to get it all out? I'm thinking it would be good to take them out from AP, but I can't figure out how to do it
You would VOID them from Accounts Payable. You would enter the check number (I'm assuming you used the same number for the manual checks) in the VOID function. The system will then display the entries it has for that check number, you then select the manual check to delete from that list.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.