Yearly Starting Balances

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

dbrayboy

Re: Yearly Starting Balances

Post by dbrayboy »

Thanks for the warning, I didn't add anything. You are absolutely correct, I check my equity accounts (3000 series) and found the cumulative totals. I also discovered that I can get the cumulative totals by running an account activity report that include my previous year. What I was trying to do is run a report for January - August 2018 and see the cumulative balance to include last year balances. However, when I run a activity report for Jan - Aug 2018, the report has no beginning balance and it shows me the activity that was done for the current year. I total understand it now. It just seem like the beginning balance for my income and expense accounts would rollover to the next year. I had no need to worry, Matthew 6:25-34. :)

NeilZ

Re: Yearly Starting Balances

Post by NeilZ »

dbrayboy wrote:Thanks for the warning, I didn't add anything. You are absolutely correct, I check my equity accounts (3000 series) and found the cumulative totals. I also discovered that I can get the cumulative totals by running an account activity report that include my previous year. What I was trying to do is run a report for January - August 2018 and see the cumulative balance to include last year balances. However, when I run a activity report for Jan - Aug 2018, the report has no beginning balance and it shows me the activity that was done for the current year. I total understand it now. It just seem like the beginning balance for my income and expense accounts would rollover to the next year. I had no need to worry, Matthew 6:25-34. :)
Have you looked at the Accounting Fund Balances report, this gives you the balance and can be set to look at more than one year.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.