Fund Transfer

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

ngaham

Fund Transfer

Post by ngaham »

Neil,
I need some clarification on this transaction before I do it. Recently, our church had a group of kids go to a Youth Conference. The church said it would pay the gas, but this wasn't communicated to me and I entered it as an expense under the Teen/Youth Fund expenses. I need to move the gas amount, $222.64 from Unrestricted General Fund and correct the expenses in the Teen/Youth Fund expense.

NeilZ

Re: Fund Transfer

Post by NeilZ »

ngaham wrote:Neil,
I need some clarification on this transaction before I do it. Recently, our church had a group of kids go to a Youth Conference. The church said it would pay the gas, but this wasn't communicated to me and I entered it as an expense under the Teen/Youth Fund expenses. I need to move the gas amount, $222.64 from Unrestricted General Fund and correct the expenses in the Teen/Youth Fund expense.
Just void the original transaction/check, then reenter the transaction using a manual check and the same check number but the correct accounts.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

ngaham

Post by ngaham »

Is that going to cause issues with my reconcile? It was from way back in June.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

ngaham wrote:Is that going to cause issues with my reconcile? It was from way back in June.
No, the VOID and the replacement will show up in the reconciliation, just clear them as normal.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.