Void/reverse cheque posted to Fund Accounting

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

RobynS

Void/reverse cheque posted to Fund Accounting

Post by RobynS »

In May 2017 I made out a cheque using the name of the company on the invoice, and after it had not cleared for a couple of months, I contacted them by email. I only just heard back from them (November) and it appears she could not cash it as it should have been written to her personally. She has not provided me with that information and I need to remove the cheque from the bank reconciliation. How do I go about doing this? Thank you!

NeilZ

Re: Void/reverse cheque posted to Fund Accounting

Post by NeilZ »

RobynS wrote:In May 2017 I made out a cheque using the name of the company on the invoice, and after it had not cleared for a couple of months, I contacted them by email. I only just heard back from them (November) and it appears she could not cash it as it should have been written to her personally. She has not provided me with that information and I need to remove the cheque from the bank reconciliation. How do I go about doing this? Thank you!
Since it has not cleared, you need to VOID the check from the Accounts Payable module. When you post this void, the program will create the proper transaction for Funds Accounting, and when you post FA, it will show two entries for the check, the original check in the bottom window of the reconciliation and the VOIDed entry at the top. Select both during your next reconciliation and the check will no longer show up.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

RobynS

Re: Void/reverse cheque posted to Fund Accounting

Post by RobynS »

Thank you, Neil - much appreciated! For those of us who struggle with accounting, you are GOLD!