Cash Question

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

NeilZ

Re: Cash Question

Post by NeilZ »

I'll tag this for one of the techs to look at.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

From what I've seen, the only thing that will cause a transaction to show as $0 on the Reconcile Bank Accounts screen is that that total amount debited or credited against the major account (the middle four digits of the account number) balances to $0. That can be accounts in different funds and/or sub-accounts. When it asks which account you are reconciling, only the major account number shows up in the lookup list and it will consolidate all accounts and balances within a transaction.

Also remember the checkbox option at the top of the Reconcile screen that reads "Only show items dated before statement date". Uncheck that when trying to figure out reconciliation problems, to make sure you are seeing all the related transactions.

I would suggest running a Journal Report and including only the 1251 account in the major accounts from and to, choosing the widest possible range of months where related transactions might be posted. That will show you the full details of the transactions in question and hopefully will help make sense of what you are seeing.

ngaham

Post by ngaham »

I figured what the problem was. I had the Petty Cash account as a 1110 account number (1110-100 to be exact). I wasn't realizing that. I changed the account number to 1251-000 and that solved everything. The account now shows up in the reconcile screen and the amounts are correct on the checking account reconcile.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

ngaham wrote:I figured what the problem was. I had the Petty Cash account as a 1110 account number (1110-100 to be exact). I wasn't realizing that. I changed the account number to 1251-000 and that solved everything. The account now shows up in the reconcile screen and the amounts are correct on the checking account reconcile.
I had a nagging suspicion that it was something like that, but said nah ... I know that in the thread link I first posted it showed a completely separate account. I should have asked outright, would have saved you a bunch of grey hairs!!
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

ngaham

Post by ngaham »

NeilZ wrote:
ngaham wrote:I figured what the problem was. I had the Petty Cash account as a 1110 account number (1110-100 to be exact). I wasn't realizing that. I changed the account number to 1251-000 and that solved everything. The account now shows up in the reconcile screen and the amounts are correct on the checking account reconcile.
I had a nagging suspicion that it was something like that, but said nah ... I know that in the thread link I first posted it showed a completely separate account. I should have asked outright, would have saved you a bunch of grey hairs!!
I am just glad we got it figured out. I think I've said this to you a million times - but thank you!