Custom Check Layout

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

pdumm

Custom Check Layout

Post by pdumm »

I'm having trouble making the custom check format do what I want. I'm using a 3-part format, and the top check part is fine. But the middle part, I'd like to show the descriptions of all the items that go into the check total. I'd show an image of my custom format-- but I don't seem to be able to include it in this post. The second part looks like

EmployerAddress
CheckTopLine Amt1 Amt2
Col2Line1 col2line1 Amt1line1 Amt2line1
Col2Line2 col2line2 Amt1line2 Amt2line2
etc...

None of this information seems to be printing on my check stub. I only getting a date, the check recipient name, and the total amount in the middle stub portion.

The third part of the stub has similar information as described above, but overlaid on this is another box titled "AcctDist", which I think is the thing that is giving me my per-item account description and details. This is fine for the part I keep, but I'd like the second part-- which I give away, to have the per-item descriptions (not accounts, that are in the third part-- just descriptions) and amounts.

Any ideas?
Thanks so much!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Custom Check Layout

Post by Zorak »

Yes, that is what the check layouts do by default, so resetting your custom layout will bring it back to a functional state.

The overlay on the bottom stub is for an optional setting in Accounts Payable checks to show account distributions on the bottom stub.

pdumm

Post by pdumm »

I need to reset the layout to make it functional?

I've already made changes to the custom layout for my particular checks and envelopes. If I reset the custom layout, won't it delete those changes?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

If it isn't working now, then something in the customizing process made it not work. If you reset the layout, it will bring it back to a functional state.

pdumm

Post by pdumm »

I'm sorry, this still isn't working for me. I've reset the custom check format, and it doesn't seem to be doing even what it defaults to, and it doesn't change when I edit the custom format. I'm trying to get line descriptions into the middle of the 3 check panels. I'd like to insert a picture but I'm not sure how. After I reset it, the custom format says the following:

The middle stub current looks like:
"Employer Address"
"CheckTopLine" "Amt1" "Amt2"
"Col1Line1" "Col2Line1" "Amt1Line1" "Amt2Line1"
"Col1Line2" "Col2Line2" "Amt1Line2" "Amt2Line2" etc. up to line 14

When I print a check what I get printed in that panel is only

"Date" "Check Recipient Name"
"Check Reference" "Check Recipient Name" "Check amount number"
CHECK AMOUNT "Check amount number"

The third panel is weird too, but I'm not as concerned about it, because it doesn't go to the check recipient. I want the line item descriptions to be printed in the second panel, how do I do that??

Thanks

troysmith31

Post by troysmith31 »

I'm having the same issue as described above. Is there a fix for this?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

troysmith31 wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:54 pm
I'm having the same issue as described above. Is there a fix for this?
Its better to start a new topic rather than piggyback on a 5 year old one. However, please explain more about what you're trying to do on a check.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

troysmith31

Post by troysmith31 »

I found the solution.

viewtopic.php?p=49604#p49604

File -> Preferences -> Accounting Setup -> Accounts Payable tab. Then check the box next to Print account distribution on bottom check stub.