repeating transaction error

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Donnamel

repeating transaction error

Post by Donnamel »

I have had this happen multiple times. I am setting up a new repeating transaction. I fill in everything and when everything is in balance and PC+ asks if I want to save. I click yes. Then the next screen is missing the checking account credit line. Sometimes I notice and fix it immediately, but other times it shows up when I try to release the transaction, which is then 'of course' out of balance. I have taken screen shots of this happening if you need to see what I am talking about.

Thanks for any help,
Donna

NeilZ

Re: repeating transaction error

Post by NeilZ »

Donnamel wrote:I have had this happen multiple times. I am setting up a new repeating transaction. I fill in everything and when everything is in balance and PC+ asks if I want to save. I click yes. Then the next screen is missing the checking account credit line. Sometimes I notice and fix it immediately, but other times it shows up when I try to release the transaction, which is then 'of course' out of balance. I have taken screen shots of this happening if you need to see what I am talking about.

Thanks for any help,
Donna
OK .. I have to ask these questions: what version of powerchurch are you using, what module are you setting up the recurring transaction in? Is this a Accounts Payable transaction, or is this in Funds Accounting ?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Donnamel

Post by Donnamel »

version 11.55
accounts payable

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Donnamel wrote:version 11.55
accounts payable
OK .. that helps.

So you save the transaction. Then what next screen are you talking about? Once you save the transaction in Accounts Payable -> Repeating Items -> Maintain Repeating Items, the system greys out the 'save' and 'cancel' buttons. You have the option to close the window, or add another repeating transaction.

I just went through the process, and have no 'next screen'.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Donnamel

Post by Donnamel »

is there a way I can send you the screen shots?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Donnamel wrote:is there a way I can send you the screen shots?
If you can link to them from Dropbox or something like that ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Donnamel

Post by Donnamel »

I don't have Dropbox.

The 'next screen' is when I click Yes to save the transaction and that window closes, the Maintain Repeating Entries window is open still, but the first line of the entries, which was the checking account credit line, is no longer there, only the debits.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Donnamel wrote:I don't have Dropbox.

The 'next screen' is when I click Yes to save the transaction and that window closes, the Maintain Repeating Entries window is open still, but the first line of the entries, which was the checking account credit line, is no longer there, only the debits.
Um ... when you're adding a new repeating entry, there is no 'window' that appears, you click on the SAVE at the bottom of the window, it turns grey, and what you should be looking at is the entry you just made.

Here's the procedure:

Adding a new repeating transaction, click on the ADD button, then add all the information

Once all the info is entered you click on the SAVE button:

The system saves the transaction, and the buttons turn grey:

The window then looks like this:

There's no other 'window' involved. What does the windows say that you click on ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Donnamel

Post by Donnamel »

I can do all that. I know how to add a repeating entry. My issue is at the point you have the screen shot of "THE WINDOW THAT IS OPEN - Maintain Repeating Entries". Yes, the buttons are greyed out. But sometimes the checking account is no longer there. On your screen it would be the scottsdale checking account line has disappeared.

I have checked for updates, and done a reindex already.

Donnamel

Post by Donnamel »

Normally I click save and close the maintain repeating transactions window and go on to something else. Unless I 'See' the error and fix it right away. If I don't notice it, I get an actual error when trying to Post to Paid items file. It says the transaction detail of invoice "name" is out of balance.

Donnamel

Post by Donnamel »

Neil, Can I email you the screen shots at the link on your name?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Donnamel wrote:Normally I click save and close the maintain repeating transactions window and go on to something else. Unless I 'See' the error and fix it right away. If I don't notice it, I get an actual error when trying to Post to Paid items file. It says the transaction detail of invoice "name" is out of balance.
I'm going to assume that you are recalling the repeating transaction to use, updating the date and amounts if necessary, and adding a reference. Is this when the checking account disappears?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Donnamel

Post by Donnamel »

Yesterday I added 2 NEW repeating transactions and the checking account disappeared after I saved it on both new transactions.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Donnamel wrote:Yesterday I added 2 NEW repeating transactions and the checking account disappeared after I saved it on both new transactions.
There is one more thing I would try, do a REINDEX of the database from the Utilities menu. This often fixes issues that have no other explanation.

However, if that does not work there is more here than can be adjusted via the forum. This is not a normal occurrence and I can't duplicate it on any version of PCPlus that I have here (v11.55, v12).

I'd call Powerchurch support directly.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.