AR - Question

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

ngaham

AR - Question

Post by ngaham »

Hey Neil,
I've just now started to use the AR module in PowerChurch. My question is this: We have a family in our church that our Pastor is choosing to "forgive" their school bill. What would be the proper way to have this? There hasn't been any payments or credit memos on the invoice since I just put everything in.

NeilZ

Re: AR - Question

Post by NeilZ »

ngaham wrote:Hey Neil,
I've just now started to use the AR module in PowerChurch. My question is this: We have a family in our church that our Pastor is choosing to "forgive" their school bill. What would be the proper way to have this? There hasn't been any payments or credit memos on the invoice since I just put everything in.
The easiest way to do this is just delete the invoice.

Is there any reason that won't work?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

ngaham

Post by ngaham »

I did that, but then felt like we should have some sort of paper trail for it in our end. I suppose it’s not that important.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

ngaham wrote:I did that, but then felt like we should have some sort of paper trail for it in our end. I suppose it’s not that important.
If you're expecting a certain amount of income from the school, then what I would do is just have a memo for record about the 'debt forgiveness' or 'free scholarship' (sounds better) from the church board, or Pastor.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.