AR - Invoice Error

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

ngaham

AR - Invoice Error

Post by ngaham »

Hey Neil,
As I said a few weeks ago we just started using the AR portion of PowerChurch for our Christian School. I just figured out that I entered an invoice in correctly, charging a family $600 more than I should have (oops). I have already posted payments to that invoice too. I wanted to make sure the best way to fix this is to void my original invoice, reissue a corrected invoice, and then re-enter the payments. Is that correct?

NeilZ

Re: AR - Invoice Error

Post by NeilZ »

ngaham wrote:Hey Neil,
As I said a few weeks ago we just started using the AR portion of PowerChurch for our Christian School. I just figured out that I entered an invoice in correctly, charging a family $600 more than I should have (oops). I have already posted payments to that invoice too. I wanted to make sure the best way to fix this is to void my original invoice, reissue a corrected invoice, and then re-enter the payments. Is that correct?
No need to VOID the invoice. You can select the invoice from the Maintain Invoices and adjust the amount.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

ngaham

Post by ngaham »

I tried to do that, but it wouldn’t let me. Gave me an error that said I couldn’t change the amount of the invoice to less than what was paid towards that item.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

ngaham wrote:I tried to do that, but it wouldn’t let me. Gave me an error that said I couldn’t change the amount of the invoice to less than what was paid towards that item.
OK .. you didn't say they already paid more than the actual cost.

From what I can see in the manual, the easiest way is to void the invoice, add a new invoice, reapply any payments, and issue credit memos for the rest.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.