Entering Credit from an invoice

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Blessed

Entering Credit from an invoice

Post by Blessed »

Hello. I am using Powerchurch 11.5. We purchase Sunday school material from a bookstore who allows us to return unused books for a credit to the account. The next quarter the credit shows up and reduces the total bill by say $10. The problem is that we also purchase other material from the same company for a different ministry ie. church supplies. When I get the monthly bill which shows the credit for Sunday school already applied, how do I credit the Sunday School account, but pay the correct amount for the church supplies? Would appreciate any help. Thanks

NeilZ

Re: Entering Credit from an invoice

Post by NeilZ »

Blessed wrote:Hello. I am using Powerchurch 11.5. We purchase Sunday school material from a bookstore who allows us to return unused books for a credit to the account. The next quarter the credit shows up and reduces the total bill by say $10. The problem is that we also purchase other material from the same company for a different ministry ie. church supplies. When I get the monthly bill which shows the credit for Sunday school already applied, how do I credit the Sunday School account, but pay the correct amount for the church supplies? Would appreciate any help. Thanks

This can be dicey thing. However, what I've done in the past is this:

Create an invoice for the next purchase, but enter the amount of the check you're going to send. Enter that number as the CREDIT entry for the checking account, in the expense for the church supplies, enter the FULL amount of what you're purchasing as the DEBIT. You need to show the full expense to that ministry.

Now, the system is going to say you're $10 out of balance, which is why you ADD another line to the invoice using the account number of the Sunday School curriculum expense account, and enter $10 as a CREDIT.

This cover all the bases, money is shown as not being spent in the Sunday School account, full amount spent is shown in the church supplies account, and the checking account is only being hit for the amount minus the $10 credit.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Blessed

Re: Entering Credit from an invoice

Post by Blessed »

Thanks so much, it worked like a charm!! :)