Adjusting payroll entry

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

athomas

Adjusting payroll entry

Post by athomas »

Did not have an employee's payroll set up for employer ss and medicaid. I've calculated the amount for the adjustment but how do I make entry to put in correct accounts. I believes it affects the liability and payroll expense account but not sure how to record. Thanks

NeilZ

Re: Adjusting payroll entry

Post by NeilZ »

athomas wrote:Did not have an employee's payroll set up for employer ss and medicaid. I've calculated the amount for the adjustment but how do I make entry to put in correct accounts. I believes it affects the liability and payroll expense account but not sure how to record. Thanks
You also need to have this included in the 941 information, along with the W3 information. So you really need to do this in Payroll. What I would do is the next payroll period, change the Employer Social Security and Employer Medicare tax deduction item for this employee, and enter the current employer contribution plus the amount that was missing for each item.

SO if the employee gets the same salary in the paycheck each month, the system will calculate the amount that the employer needs to contribute you can take that calculated amount, edit the pay item to a manual amount, then enter double that calculated amount for that pay period. The system will debit/credit the proper accounts, and the system records will be properly updated with the employer contributions.

SO if for each pay period the employer (and employee for that matter) amounts are calculated at 50.00, for that 'catch up' pay period, change the employee pay item to manual, and enter $100.00.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.