Error 2191

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

christybeth

Error 2191

Post by christybeth »

I am trying to void and reissue a check that a vendor has lost and keep getting an error box that pops up as indicated below -

Error (12.2018.1990)

PROGRAM: APPRINTCHECKS.PROCESS
LINE: 94
ERROR: 2191

I do not have any other items open within PowerChurch other than shortcut menus. I am trying to void the check on the history tab of the Maintain Vendor Records screen. Each time when I highlight the check to be voided and click on the void button to the right, the void accounts payable box pops up. I then select reissue check, change the date and select print check and then PowerChurch gives the error. When I click the OK button on the Error it shuts down the whole program. I've tried this 3 times now and each time is the same results.

There are 4 different transactions in this reimbursement so maybe that is why the error is occurring? Is there something else I need to update and that is why I am getting the error? I always update PowerChurch if I get a notification of a new Maintenance Release and if memory serves me correctly, there was an update 1-2 weeks ago that I installed.

Thank you for your assistance!

Christy

christybeth

Re: Error 2191

Post by christybeth »

The same vendor that lost the check referenced before also lost another check. While trying to void the 2nd lost check which only has one reimbursement/transaction, the exact same thing happened when I tried to void it as before. Is this a bug that needs to be fixed or a known issue being worked on? Thanks again!

Christy

christybeth

Post by christybeth »

Backing up PowerChurch before heading out for the evening and printed my Open Items and noticed that my effort in voiding those checks worked every time. I've got 5 voids for the first one with 4 entries and 1 void on the second check. I'll re-visit in the morning and see if you know what the issue is. Thanks!

Christy

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

I've not seen this issue before.

The fact that the voids were actually recorded tells me that the issue occurs after the transaction is saved. The error points to the Accounts Payable print checks process. While it talks about the 'file in use' it could have been a Windows system print file that could be causing the issue.

Usually when I get an error like that, I'll try a reboot of the computer to see if that helps.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

christybeth

Post by christybeth »

NeilZ wrote:I've not seen this issue before.

The fact that the voids were actually recorded tells me that the issue occurs after the transaction is saved. The error points to the Accounts Payable print checks process. While it talks about the 'file in use' it could have been a Windows system print file that could be causing the issue.

Usually when I get an error like that, I'll try a reboot of the computer to see if that helps.

I've rebooted and completed a hard shut down of my computer and continue to get the exact same problem each time I try to void a check... Any other suggestions?? :wall:

christybeth

Post by christybeth »

christybeth wrote:

I've rebooted and completed a hard shut down of my computer and continue to get the exact same problem each time I try to void a check... Any other suggestions?? :wall:
At this point I'm going to go through Accounts Payable in the Accounting menu and selecting Void a Check. That seems to be working.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

christybeth wrote:
christybeth wrote:

At this point I'm going to go through Accounts Payable in the Accounting menu and selecting Void a Check. That seems to be working.
I thought that's what you were doing???
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

christybeth

Post by christybeth »

The program shuts down when I go through Maintain Vendor Records and void the check. If I go through the shortcut menu and void the check I do not have any problems.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

christybeth wrote:The program shuts down when I go through Maintain Vendor Records and void the check. If I go through the shortcut menu and void the check I do not have any problems.
OK .. that will help the techs, I've flagged this thread for review.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

We haven't been able to recreate this here under any scenario we've tried thus far.

Please give us a call at (800) 486-1800 to speak with a technician. We are available from 9AM to 6PM Eastern, Monday through Friday.

christybeth

Post by christybeth »

Zorak wrote:We haven't been able to recreate this here under any scenario we've tried thus far.

Please give us a call at (800) 486-1800 to speak with a technician. We are available from 9AM to 6PM Eastern, Monday through Friday.
I called to speak with a technician and was told we would need to pay for a one time call or the 6 month option. Based on our dialogue in this forum, do you believe this to be a bug? If so, then there is no charge. I was also told with the one time fee that we would have 5 business days to discuss the issue but I am going on vacation next week. I'm just trying to figure out if you think this is a bug or if we would need to pay the one time call fee and then I would call when I return from vacation. Thank you!!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

christybeth wrote:
Zorak wrote:We haven't been able to recreate this here under any scenario we've tried thus far.

I called to speak with a technician and was told we would need to pay for a one time call or the 6 month option. Based on our dialogue in this forum, do you believe this to be a bug? If so, then there is no charge. I was also told with the one time fee that we would have 5 business days to discuss the issue but I am going on vacation next week. I'm just trying to figure out if you think this is a bug or if we would need to pay the one time call fee and then I would call when I return from vacation. Thank you!!
FWIW ... since they cannot reproduce the error on their end, and frankly, I've not see this error mentioned elsewhere, this appears to be local to your machine.

In which case, you may have to pay the fee. However, if they find that during the investigation to see what the issue is, it turns out to be a programming issue, your payment will probably be refunded.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.