Deleting

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Church sec

Deleting

Post by Church sec »

I'm fairly new at this so I made a big mess. I had made a payment to a credit card, but put the wrong fund account for one of the entries. I had already posted it, so I needed to void it and redo it. Instead I reversed it. It did not look good on the reports, so I went back and redid it and it was still horrible. So I voided it and tried again. I cant get the report to show correctly so I really would like to delete the whole thing and start over with that check. Is that possible to do once I have already posted it?

Martha

NeilZ

Re: Deleting

Post by NeilZ »

Church sec wrote:I'm fairly new at this so I made a big mess. I had made a payment to a credit card, but put the wrong fund account for one of the entries. I had already posted it, so I needed to void it and redo it. Instead I reversed it. It did not look good on the reports, so I went back and redid it and it was still horrible. So I voided it and tried again. I cant get the report to show correctly so I really would like to delete the whole thing and start over with that check. Is that possible to do once I have already posted it?

Martha
You can, but it still won't be pretty. This is why I always suggest to do a backup before doing anything you're not sure about. You can do a backup of just the accounting files so I do advise that it be done at least every other day, if not every day.

Anyway. The issue started when you reversed the check rather than go into Accounts Payable to void, then reissue the check using the same check number.

First off .. what report are you referring to? Did you post to Funds Accounting, or just to Accounts Payable?

This info will help to point you in the right direction.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Church sec

Post by Church sec »

Funds accounting

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Church sec wrote:Funds accounting
OK .. and what report are you looking at ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.