Wrong year to date total on paystub

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

wmumc327rb

Wrong year to date total on paystub

Post by wmumc327rb »

I deleted a pay stub that had a wrong amount Under the salary column. This is why the year to date figure is incorrect. It is over by the exact amount that was entered wrong. I did not post the payroll yet. I also have not been printing any future pay stubs because the year to date figure will still be incorrect. Any ideas on how to correct the year to date figure? Your guidance is much appreciated. Thank you!

NeilZ

Re: Wrong year to date total on paystub

Post by NeilZ »

wmumc327rb wrote:I deleted a pay stub that had a wrong amount Under the salary column. This is why the year to date figure is incorrect. It is over by the exact amount that was entered wrong. I did not post the payroll yet. I also have not been printing any future pay stubs because the year to date figure will still be incorrect. Any ideas on how to correct the year to date figure? Your guidance is much appreciated. Thank you!
How did you delete the 'pay stub'?? Does it appear in the Employee's check history?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

wmumc327rb

Post by wmumc327rb »

No I do not see the payroll stub in check history. The corrected one is.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

wmumc327rb wrote:No I do not see the payroll stub in check history. The corrected one is.
If it was voided, then the amount should be correct, but you deleted it? Was that after posting the payroll ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

wmumc327rb

Post by wmumc327rb »

I never posted the payroll yet. The only entry in the check history is the correct payroll entry. Being that I don’t have much experience with fixing the payroll entries, I might have accidentally hit the delete instead of voiding the wrong payroll entry. Maybe that’s why it doesn’t show up under check history.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

wmumc327rb wrote:I never posted the payroll yet. The only entry in the check history is the correct payroll entry. Being that I don’t have much experience with fixing the payroll entries, I might have accidentally hit the delete instead of voiding the wrong payroll entry. Maybe that’s why it doesn’t show up under check history.
Yep .. that's the reason. You should have VOIDed the check,rather than create a new check.

That said, if you didn't post payroll it should not be showing up in the totals. There's another issue here that we won't be able to fix via the forum. If you haven't yet used your 6 months of support with PCPlus, you will be able to get assistance under that support. If you have, and the 6 month period is expired, you may have to pay for support.

The last suggestion I would have is do a REINDEX of the Accounting files, then run the report again. If you still have the issue, I would call Powerchurch for support.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.