re use income account

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Carol D

re use income account

Post by Carol D »

when we set up powerchurch at the beginning of 2017 we set up an 02 designated account in our 01 income accounts. We realized our error and moved the balance to our 02 designated accounts. This erroneous 01 income account still shows in our list of 01 income accounts. we have never used it. So it basically only needed to exist for 2017 because of our error.
Now I would like to rename that account for a new 01 income account.
Is it okay now that it is 2018 to rename it and use it?

NeilZ

Re: re use income account

Post by NeilZ »

Carol D wrote:when we set up powerchurch at the beginning of 2017 we set up an 02 designated account in our 01 income accounts. We realized our error and moved the balance to our 02 designated accounts. This erroneous 01 income account still shows in our list of 01 income accounts. we have never used it. So it basically only needed to exist for 2017 because of our error.
Now I would like to rename that account for a new 01 income account.
Is it okay now that it is 2018 to rename it and use it?
I'm assuming that by 01 and 02, you're talking about Accounting Funds. FWIW ... as long as you didn't have any other transactions using it besides the transfer of funds from 01 to 02, it should be fine. I'm fairly sure that transaction will still be in history however, but as long as you noted in the transaction notes what it was and why it was moved, anyone looking at it five years from now will understand what happened.

If you didn't add that information when you moved the funds, you can still add that info in using View Posted Transactions and entering it there in the notes field.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.