Checks do not print in order

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Alaraujo

Checks do not print in order

Post by Alaraujo »

I have the same problem or a similar problem.
I am running Powerchurch plus online and I'm using an Epson Workforce WF-3620 printer.
When I select 10 pre-labled checks to be printed, I insert the check number of the first check that is loaded in the printer.
But the check numbers don't coincide with the end product. I have to change the check numbers before I post them.
Is this also a printer problem or a Powerchurch problem.

NeilZ

Re: Checks do not print in order

Post by NeilZ »

Alaraujo wrote:I have the same problem or a similar problem.
I am running Powerchurch plus online and I'm using an Epson Workforce WF-3620 printer.
When I select 10 pre-labled checks to be printed, I insert the check number of the first check that is loaded in the printer.
But the check numbers don't coincide with the end product. I have to change the check numbers before I post them.
Is this also a printer problem or a Powerchurch problem.
Actually its a completely different issue, as the original topic creator only had one check print, even though he has 4 or 5 waiting to be printed.

This may be a load problem ... how are you loading the forms in the printer? Powerchurch will just start with the number you give, and then increase by 1, so if you have 10 checks, and you start with 2000, the last check printed with have 2009 assigned.

Now, some printers require that you load the checks with the front of the check facing down. This does mean that you need to have check 2000 on top of the stack, and check 2009 at the bottom. I don't know what your printer requires, but this is often an issue. I have a printer like that and had the check supplier send the checks in reverse order so I just need to count what I need from my stock, and load it in the printer.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Alaraujo

Re: Checks do not print in order

Post by Alaraujo »

Thank you NeilZ. Your last paragraph will resolve my problem. Thanks again.