New setup problem

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

athomas

New setup problem

Post by athomas »

Started August with a fresh install of power church 12. When reconciling bank statement ending 8/31/18, cannot balance.
Power church and bank statement in sync, debits and credits agree. I'm guessing the problem may lie in beginning balances; however, cant determine if that is the problem or if it is, which account to correct. Is there something else to look for. How can this be corrected so reconciliation will be accurate. It took a long time to get system set up and get all data in power church. I don't want to have to do again. Thanks for any help.

Another ? is whether there should be a temporarily restricted net accounts account like the unrestricted net assets account 01-3110.

p

NeilZ

Re: New setup problem

Post by NeilZ »

athomas wrote:Started August with a fresh install of power church 12. When reconciling bank statement ending 8/31/18, cannot balance.
Power church and bank statement in sync, debits and credits agree. I'm guessing the problem may lie in beginning balances; however, cant determine if that is the problem or if it is, which account to correct. Is there something else to look for. How can this be corrected so reconciliation will be accurate. It took a long time to get system set up and get all data in power church. I don't want to have to do again. Thanks for any help.

Another ? is whether there should be a temporarily restricted net accounts account like the unrestricted net assets account 01-3110.
If all the checks and deposits have been accounted for in the reconciliation, then it may be the beginning balances. Where is the number off, does it show a plus or a minus number?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

athomas

Post by athomas »

not sure what is meant by where is the number off, That's what I'm trying to determine. I'm fairly sure the beginning balance of the bank account is accurate. The adjusted balance on the reconciliation is $2350,87 more than the account 1110 balance. It should be easy to resolve since there is only data entered in for August and a few days in September but because the deposits and credits for both powerchurch and bank statement agree, can't figure out.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

athomas wrote:not sure what is meant by where is the number off, That's what I'm trying to determine. I'm fairly sure the beginning balance of the bank account is accurate. The adjusted balance on the reconciliation is $2350,87 more than the account 1110 balance. It should be easy to resolve since there is only data entered in for August and a few days in September but because the deposits and credits for both powerchurch and bank statement agree, can't figure out.
The bank is showing more than Powerchurch is showing? That tells me the beginning balance was off, probably due to deposits not accounting for or something like that.

As far as your Temp Restricted question, if you used the "Maintain List of Donor Restrictions" to setup the restriction, it walks you through the creation of the income, fund balance and release accounts you need. So if you have a temp restriction setup, it should have its own 3000 series account to show those funds.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.