Accounting

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

bcanada@myrhinomail.com

Accounting

Post by bcanada@myrhinomail.com »

I went to post accounts payable (the check I had printed). It posted all except one. It said the following: The account--used in invoice SS Literature, Office Expense does not exist in Funding Accounting. In the Accounts Payable Maintain Open Invoices at the bottom of the transaction it says UNKNOW. I checked all accounts used and they are in my fund accounting. What else do I need to do?

Brenda

NeilZ

Re: Accounting

Post by NeilZ »

v
bcanada@myrhinomail.com wrote:I went to post accounts payable (the check I had printed). It posted all except one. It said the following: The account--used in invoice SS Literature, Office Expense does not exist in Funding Accounting. In the Accounts Payable Maintain Open Invoices at the bottom of the transaction it says UNKNOW. I checked all accounts used and they are in my fund accounting. What else do I need to do?

Brenda
OK.... you verified that the expense account used is in the Chart of Accounts?

Exactly where 'at the bottom' does it says Unknown? On one of the account lines? The only time the system would use that if the account is either not in the chart of account, or the account is set as INACTIVE.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

bcanada@myrhinomail.com

Post by bcanada@myrhinomail.com »

I delete the words Unknow on the line transaction line and the check was posted to the funding account. Thank you for your help.

Brenda

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

bcanada@myrhinomail.com wrote:I delete the words Unknow on the line transaction line and the check was posted to the funding account. Thank you for your help.

Brenda
That should NOT have fixed this that easily, but I suspect that the vendor record may have an incorrect account setup for expense. I would make sure that the account name is correct, and its not set as inactive, and its in the proper Accounting Fund.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.