Sub-Account Report

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

LynnaR

Sub-Account Report

Post by LynnaR »

I am using the Sub-Account Report to give committees and Board reps the status of their budgets and temporarily restricted funds. I am curious why on expense accounts the variance is calculated as Current Balance less Budget. This creates a negative remainder, which appears to non-financial committee heads like they have overspent their budget! I can tell them five times to ignore the minus sign, but they will continue to ask. 1) Is it necessary for the report to calculate in this direction, or could it be changed to Budget less Current Balance? 2) If it is necessary to keep the report as is, is there a way that I can use the Sub Account Report to create my own version. (I know I can save each report to Excel and modify them individually, but that means modifying 15 different reports each time.)

Thank you for all you do! It's a good product. Sorry to be a fly in the ointment...

Lynna

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Sub-Account Report

Post by Zorak »

The budget comparisons were improved in Version 12 to show the result differently for income vs. expense. The Sub-Account report was missed when updating this behavior. I have written up a bug report and it will be fixed in a future Maintenance Release.

An income account that is under budget will be negative. An expense account that is under budget will be positive.

LynnaR

Re: Sub-Account Report

Post by LynnaR »

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! That is more intuitive.