941 issues

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

athomas

941 issues

Post by athomas »

When the 941 quarterly tax return report is run under payroll, tax reporting, the figures on lines 2, 5a and 5c, column 2 are different than the quarterly report for the same time period. Any suggestions as to what i should be looking for to determine why different.

NeilZ

Re: 941 issues

Post by NeilZ »

athomas wrote:When the 941 quarterly tax return report is run under payroll, tax reporting, the figures on lines 2, 5a and 5c, column 2 are different than the quarterly report for the same time period. Any suggestions as to what i should be looking for to determine why different.
If you're using v12, there is a 941 Calculation Report listed under the standard Payroll reports that may help you see where the numbers are coming from.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

athomas

Post by athomas »

i ran that but still having problem determining difference.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

athomas wrote:i ran that but still having problem determining difference.
What exactly is different? By how much? Does one show more or less? Is it a withholding amount? Total taxable wages?

You're the only person who has reported this here, and when I run those reports I don't see any difference.

My suggestion since trying to fix this on the forum is awkward, is that you may need to call directly. If you've not used any phone support then you're still under free support time, I believe.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

athomas

Post by athomas »

I found problem. There is a pastor who opted out of social security.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

athomas wrote:I found problem. There is a pastor who opted out of social security.
Well, that will do it. I've found that the 941 calculations are usually spot on, so that's why I was finding it very strange that you were seeing such an issue, and why I suggested calling direct.

Glad to hear you figured it out.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.