setting up new powerchurch

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

athomas

setting up new powerchurch

Post by athomas »

I plan on installing a second copy of power church retaining the existing copy. I will be setting up from scratch effective 1-19 as there are several areas in which changes need to be made as we are now more familiar with the workings of power church. My question revolves around the membership module which is stored on the finance copy of power church. Is there any reason why it woudn't work to restore just the membership data files. Been playing around with this and it appears the module works correctly. Just wanting to get another opinion. Thanks.

NeilZ

Re: setting up new powerchurch

Post by NeilZ »

athomas wrote:I plan on installing a second copy of power church retaining the existing copy. I will be setting up from scratch effective 1-19 as there are several areas in which changes need to be made as we are now more familiar with the workings of power church. My question revolves around the membership module which is stored on the finance copy of power church. Is there any reason why it woudn't work to restore just the membership data files. Been playing around with this and it appears the module works correctly. Just wanting to get another opinion. Thanks.
You need to do a Powerchurch backup and select the choice Contributions, Mailing List & Profiles. Tfihis backs up the Membership, as well as the Contributions if you have that on the same computer, which is usual. You can then restore that to the other computer and not overwrite any of the Accounting files.

However, if there are different permissions on the one computer and you need to carry those over, it may be easier to do this:

1. Do a backup of the Accounting Files on the finance computer.
2. Do a full backup on the other computer, this backs up the permissions and all>
3. Restore that backup to the finance computer
4 Then restore the backup taken in step 1.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

athomas

Post by athomas »

Thank you Neil. Is your second option assuming the new accounting module has been set up.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

athomas wrote:Thank you Neil. Is your second option assuming the new accounting module has been set up.
Yep .. always cover all possibilities.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.