Bank Account Compromised

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

angel1

Bank Account Compromised

Post by angel1 »

Good afternoon,

Our bank account was compromised, and I had made a payment using our debit card which I entered into powerchurch under manual checks. Since the payment was denied, and I had to make another payment, should I delete the old payment that was denied and make some note of it on the new payment, or just delete the previous payment that did not go through? I am on version 11.55

Angel 1

NeilZ

Re: Bank Account Compromised

Post by NeilZ »

angel1 wrote:Good afternoon,

Our bank account was compromised, and I had made a payment using our debit card which I entered into powerchurch under manual checks. Since the payment was denied, and I had to make another payment, should I delete the old payment that was denied and make some note of it on the new payment, or just delete the previous payment that did not go through? I am on version 11.55

Angel 1
Since you entered the payment through Accounts Payable, you should VOID the denied payment. The VOID will show up under the Maintain Manual Checks function of AP, and you should enter as much information as to why it was voided as possible for an audit trail. On the new payment just mention it is a replacement for the VOIDED transaction.

You should try to avoid deleting any posted transaction from Accounts Payable or Payroll. Always VOID the transaction or check from the module in which it was created if at all possible. This updates the vendor records, and adjusts the database so that any reports coming from that module are correct.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

angel1

Re: Bank Account Compromised

Post by angel1 »

As always, thank you so much Neil.

Angel1